COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Well since I am alone. I am worried that the Wool Spider (if she exists) might get me. So I am going to say good night sleep tight and sweet dreams. Just three more things.

How are you doing Luara - are you hanging in there and did Lola eat today?

How are you and Jacques doing Bea. I hope all is going well.

And Linda any updates from your house sitters (if you have any) on Mr, Mrs and baby Bluet-it's?

Good night all and not chat tomorrow.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
So we are remodeling our fireplace! In 2011 we drywall’s over as a temporary fix and now it’s time to do it right. Some of the rocks weighed about 200lbs. We had to order a dumpster that arrives tomorrow.

View attachment 238818
View attachment 238819
View attachment 238820
Oh Wow. Thats a project and a half. Hopefully you don't end up like Bambam and have to rewire the whole house. Good luck. Btw it looks like it is going to be a really nice fireplace.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks everyone. I would have liked your all's post but for some reason it won't let me :(

Anyway. We are on our way back. About 4 hours away from home. The procedures went well. They found inflammation all through my system and ulcerations all the way through. They are starting me on two autoimmune drugs. But one has to be pre-approved by insurance so that one has to wait on them. It's $26,000 a vile!
emoji33.png
emoji33.png
emoji43.png
Luckily I don't have to pay that. insurance will and what they don't get I have another medical card to help with.
The other drug has to be monitored close are requires blood work to be done between doses so I will have to put it off until my vacation is about over to start. Unfortunately that means my legs and stuff will continue getting worse until then.
Gosh Dan that's a hell of a lot to cope with.
I do hope they can help you get better soon.
Will it be safe to wait until after your vacation?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Here is another thing I forgot to post last night especially for @Bambam and @YvonneG. It is the picture of the puzzle that i mentioned a while back had gotten the better of me. Plus another one which I haven't even had the chance to open yet.[emoji15] [emoji19] I suspect the wolf one will also get the better of me whenever I get around to doing it. [emoji23] [emoji23] View attachment 238754View attachment 238756
I quite like jigsaw puzzles but end up spending too much time doing them - once started I can't leave them alone!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I did however try and do a pastel oil painting of the wolf. My younger sister who is the artist in the family outlined it in pencil for me and I coloured it in, with the Pastels. I couldn't find the photo of it. So will take a new one when I get home. But in the meantime (sorry if I have posted it before)View attachment 238759
:D LOL

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I love working jig saw puzzles. But I hate having a physical puzzle spread out all over the table. So I work them on my Kindle. Because the device is so small I can't work puzzles with lots of pieces, but I enjoy it just the same. I think I have it set for 144 pieces. Another thing I do on the Kindle is the find-the-hidden-object puzzles.

I have a jig-saw folder that takes 1000 piece puzzles. It can be stored flat under a sofa or bed out of the way. I have also seen mats that roll up with the puzzles on but not sure how efffective they are.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Went on a major forum exploration yesterday. Changed my avatar to the same one I use on Facebook. Started checking out the sections that weren’t just my favorite tortoise species. Found this thread as well.
Hello Mr Newberry welcome to the CDR
You don't have to be mad to post here
- but it helps!

Bambam1989

East Texas
There is that. Okay he gets a pass for now. How did the hinting go at that second hand tool shop you went to?[emoji6] Did he at least commit to a starting date?
That was a huge bore. I did get treated to donuts for breakfast and a cheeseburger for dinner though.
He commented that he hopes to start in about 2 weeks... I guess we will see.