COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good afternoon/morning everyone.
A very warm day here again.
I have found a frog living in a large flat container I was trying to revive some plants in (unsuccessfully).
It has filled up with rain water and I was going to empty it to make some space in my garden but can't do it now as froggy needs it so it will have to wait.
Hope everyone has a Happy Sunday!

Bee62

Germany
Good afternoon/morning everyone.
A very warm day here again.
I have found a frog living in a large flat container I was trying to revive some plants in (unsuccessfully).
It has filled up with rain water and I was going to empty to make some space in my garden but can't do it now as froggy needs it so it will have to wait.
Hope everyone has a Happy Sunday!
Happy Sunday for you too. It is nice of you that you let the froggy have his own little "pool" in your container.:)

Bee62

Germany
Daughter is unwell. I'm sure all that swimming and ice cream when it's barely 26 C played a role... Hope she's getting stronger for that.
Some pictures from the animal fair.
We were greeted by some cute, albeit a little dirty, piglets by the entrance:
View attachment 241418
Daughter and I participated in a cooking workshop. Our role was to make pancakes out of rye flour ( :eek: ) for everyone. We did fine, although at one point, one other participant, an older boy, either fainted from the heat or had an epileptic seizure... Reminded me of my dad, and I was so upset that a few of the last pancakes had to be thrown away...

I didn't buy any of these tomatoes and cucumbers and am regretting this. Maybe I should head back tomorrow, if daughter is well enough... View attachment 241421

Some animals could be touched, which we loved!
View attachment 241422
View attachment 241423

And we even got to see a few cats! Purr-fect!
View attachment 241424

All kids looked like they were having fun.
View attachment 241426
View attachment 241427
View attachment 241428
That looks like a really lovely place for animals and people and a "heaven" for children. Is it far away from where you live ? I bet your daughter would love to spend more days there.
The tomatoes and cucumbers look fresh and tasteful. I love these little "cherry" tomatoes ( so they are called ). They have much more taste and flavor like big tomatoes.
Have a purr-fect day once again there. :):)

Bee62

Germany
I have had a wonderful day of tennis. We arrived in time to see the last of the wheelchair men’s singles final and the start of the wheelchair ladies singles final before we moved to watch the main attraction, the Ladies Singles Final.

Sloane Stephens (USA) v Simona Halep (Romania) was a fantastic match - very well played and very close, but Halep won in the end.

Then the Mens Doubles Final where French duo Herbert & Mahout were playing Austria/Croatia Marach & Pavic.

Needless to say the French crowd was supporting their men and they won. Lovely moments at the end when Mahut’s young son ran onto court to hug his Dad and the crowd spontaneously started singing the French national anthem.

Our viewpoint for the Ladies final when they cared where you sat
View attachment 241432
This lady read her book throughout the match ... apart from the last 5 points!
View attachment 241433
Herbert & Mahut in action
View attachment 241434
And with their trophy
View attachment 241435
Mahut jr on court (press photo not mine)
View attachment 241436
Looks like a perfect day for watching tennis live, or was it to hot ? I am not interested in tennis but the mood in the arena while the matches would be interesting for me too. Like you described it: The french crowd supported their players.

Bee62

Germany
No problem, :)
I was going to change his name to Riley at one time but he seems used to Lola - or maybe that should be I'm used to it. He probably doesn't give a hoot!
Lola is a good name! Even for a male. I think he don`t care about the female name. He is acting like a little princess. The name fits to him.:)

Bee62

Germany
This place sounds a little wacky

I shall fit right in

I'm Todd, I reside in the good ole US and A

Nice to meet some new friends

*leans back on his amardillo*
Hello Todd. Welcome ! Good to have you here. I am Sabine from good old Germany.
Let`s drink a coffee together if you don`t mind.:)