COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Phew that sounds ok

For a minute there, I thought I was going to get mugged

No danger of mugging here. Just a risk of unexpected woollen socks in corner 6.

We aren’t entirely sure how many corners there are. Dan found a cellar, probably, and we assume there’s a roof but cannot be entirely sure.

I’m Linda and live in the UK, by the way. I’m currently over in France to watch tennis. It only takes an hour and a half from where I live to drive to France (putting the car on the Eurotunnel train to cross the sea) :) This morning however we flew from London (which is also close to my home) to Paris.

We like to share postcards of our localities and our travels in here. :)

And now I must bid you and the roommates goodnight as it’s 11pm here and we got up very early this morning

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
No danger of mugging here. Just a risk of unexpected woollen socks in corner 6.

We aren’t entirely sure how many corners there are. Dan found a cellar, probably, and we assume there’s a roof but cannot be entirely sure.

I’m Linda and live in the UK, by the way. I’m currently over in France to watch tennis. It only takes an hour and a half from where I live to drive to France (putting the car on the Eurotunnel train to cross the sea) :) This morning however we flew from London (which is also close to my home) to Paris.

We like to share postcards of our localities and our travels in here. :)

And now I must bid you and the roommates goodnight as it’s 11pm here and we got up very early this morning
Good night and sleep tight Linda. Not chat again tomorrow.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
This place sounds a little wacky

I shall fit right in

I'm Todd, I reside in the good ole US and A

Nice to meet some new friends

*leans back on his amardillo*
Hi Todd
I am Carol and I live in Cape Town South Africa. It's a good thing that you will fit right in as we like wacky people here. [emoji6]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I will be saying Good Night. Sleep tight and sweet dreams all. It is already 23.29 here and last night was a very late night and this morning a really early morning. Sorry to be leaving you in the dark for now Todd. But I am sure we will not [emoji6] get a chance to talk tomorrow some time. After the laundry gets done as it is laundry day for me. [emoji22]

Bambam1989

East Texas
This place sounds a little wacky

I shall fit right in

I'm Todd, I reside in the good ole US and A

Nice to meet some new friends

*leans back on his amardillo*
Hi Todd.
I'm Brandy. Originally from Texas but currently residing in Washington state. Everyone calls me Bambam because I've actually got an explosive temper in person but here in the COLD DARK ROOM I am super friendly!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hi Todd.
I'm Brandy. Originally from Texas but currently residing in Washington state. Everyone calls me Bambam because I've actually got an explosive temper in person but here in the COLD DARK ROOM I am super friendly!
Hey brandy nice to meet you! I'm originally from south Florida, not far from Zeropilot

I was wondering what the sign saying
"Caution may bite" was all about
Makes sense now :D

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
I have had a wonderful day of tennis. We arrived in time to see the last of the wheelchair men’s singles final and the start of the wheelchair ladies singles final before we moved to watch the main attraction, the Ladies Singles Final.

Sloane Stephens (USA) v Simona Halep (Romania) was a fantastic match - very well played and very close, but Halep won in the end.

Then the Mens Doubles Final where French duo Herbert & Mahout were playing Austria/Croatia Marach & Pavic.

Needless to say the French crowd was supporting their men and they won. Lovely moments at the end when Mahut’s young son ran onto court to hug his Dad and the crowd spontaneously started singing the French national anthem.

Our viewpoint for the Ladies final when they cared where you sat
View attachment 241432
This lady read her book throughout the match ... apart from the last 5 points!
View attachment 241433
Herbert & Mahut in action
View attachment 241434
And with their trophy
View attachment 241435
Mahut jr on court (press photo not mine)
View attachment 241436
What a great day for you, I only saw the last set of the ladies but it was a good match, very pleased Halep won.
Do you have tickets for the mens singles tomorrow?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I must of made a wrong turn somewhere

What is this cold dark place?
***Yvonne rubs her hands together with glee! *** Ah, a new victim. . . er. . . uh. . . member for us here in the cold, dark room. Glad to have you. I think you're going to enjoy it here. Someone will come along and let you know of all the creatures that live her, so settle back and don't be afraid.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
***Yvonne rubs her hands together with glee! *** Ah, a new victim. . . er. . . uh. . . member for us here in the cold, dark room. Glad to have you. I think you're going to enjoy it here. Someone will come along and let you know of all the creatures that live her, so settle back and don't be afraid.

I totally just read that in a witches voice!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
What a great day for you, I only saw the last set of the ladies but it was a good match, very pleased Halep won.
Do you have tickets for the mens singles tomorrow?

We do. I would like to think it will be a good match, but fear Rafa will wipe the floor with Dominic Thiem. There’s no doubt who the crowd will be supporting... Rafa for his 11th win here.

I’m not familiar with either of the Ladies Doubles pairs; that might be the better match

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Ah Todd, we should have warned you about Yvonne. Her true self shows here in the gloom! The sane moderator personality is obscured by the dark.

Did anyone tell you about the hedgehogs, or the penguins, or ...?