COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
Daughter is unwell. I'm sure all that swimming and ice cream when it's barely 26 C played a role... Hope she's getting stronger for that.
Some pictures from the animal fair.
We were greeted by some cute, albeit a little dirty, piglets by the entrance:
IMG_01941.jpg
Daughter and I participated in a cooking workshop. Our role was to make pancakes out of rye flour ( :eek: ) for everyone. We did fine, although at one point, one other participant, an older boy, either fainted from the heat or had an epileptic seizure... Reminded me of my dad, and I was so upset that a few of the last pancakes had to be thrown away...

I didn't buy any of these tomatoes and cucumbers and am regretting this. Maybe I should head back tomorrow, if daughter is well enough... IMG_02335.jpg

Some animals could be touched, which we loved!
IMG_032214.jpg
IMG_032816.jpg

And we even got to see a few cats! Purr-fect!
IMG_044426.jpg

All kids looked like they were having fun.
IMG_046329.jpg
IMG_048831.jpg
IMG_053835.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Daughter is unwell. I'm sure all that swimming and ice cream when it's barely 26 C played a role... Hope she's getting stronger for that.
View attachment 241418
Daughter and I participated in a cooking workshop. Our role was to make pancakes out of rye flour ( :eek: ) for everyone. We did fine, although at one point, one other participant, an older boy, either fainted from the heat or had an epileptic seizure... Reminded me of my dad, and I was so upset that a few of the last pancakes had to be thrown away...

I didn't buy any of these tomatoes and cucumbers and am regretting this. Maybe I should head back tomorrow, if daughter is well enough... View attachment 241421

View attachment 241422
View attachment 241423

View attachment 241424

View attachment 241426
View attachment 241427
View attachment 241428

Looks like a really good day. I hope daughter bounces back quickly.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
View attachment 241418

I didn't buy any of these tomatoes and cucumbers and am regretting this. Maybe I should head back tomorrow, if daughter is well enough... View attachment 241421

View attachment 241422
View attachment 241423

View attachment 241424

View attachment 241426
View attachment 241427
View attachment 241428
Really looks like you guys had fun. Whats wrong with your daughter. I hope that she feels better soon.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tortoise Forum mobile app

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I have had a wonderful day of tennis. We arrived in time to see the last of the wheelchair men’s singles final and the start of the wheelchair ladies singles final before we moved to watch the main attraction, the Ladies Singles Final.

Sloane Stephens (USA) v Simona Halep (Romania) was a fantastic match - very well played and very close, but Halep won in the end.

Then the Mens Doubles Final where French duo Herbert & Mahout were playing Austria/Croatia Marach & Pavic.

Needless to say the French crowd was supporting their men and they won. Lovely moments at the end when Mahut’s young son ran onto court to hug his Dad and the crowd spontaneously started singing the French national anthem.

Our viewpoint for the Ladies final when they cared where you sat
IMG_7793.jpg
This lady read her book throughout the match ... apart from the last 5 points!
IMG_7795.jpg
Herbert & Mahut in action
IMG_7799.jpg
And with their trophy
IMG_7804.jpg
Mahut jr on court (press photo not mine)
F0D11C05-79A9-4767-901E-5AE20306E65B-5934-00000B0607A47672.jpg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I have had a wonderful day of tennis. We arrived in time to see the last of the wheelchair men’s singles final and the start of the wheelchair ladies singles final before we moved to watch the main attraction, the Ladies Singles Final.

Sloane Stephens (USA) v Simona Halep (Romania) was a fantastic match - very well played and very close, but Halep won in the end.

Then the Mens Doubles Final where French duo Herbert & Mahout were playing Austria/Croatia Marach & Pavic.

Needless to say the French crowd was supporting their men and they won. Lovely moments at the end when Mahut’s young son ran onto court to hug his Dad and the crowd spontaneously started singing the French national anthem.

Our viewpoint for the Ladies final when they cared where you sat
View attachment 241432
This lady read her book throughout the match ... apart from the last 5 points!
View attachment 241433
Herbert & Mahut in action
View attachment 241434
And with their trophy
View attachment 241435
Mahut jr on court (press photo not mine)
View attachment 241436
Also looks like you had a good day. What a waste of money on a ticket. I would rather enjoy a book in the comfort of my own home.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I must of made a wrong turn somewhere

What is this cold dark place?

Hello and welcome to the cold dark room.

This is an international place of friendship and nonsense, but it is a little gloomy in here. Please pull up an armadillo and take a seat and hopefully the one-legged pirate will be along shortly to bring you your beverage of choice. He’s started a bar with the leprechaun and it gets out of hand at times [emoji849]

The flying jellyfish have a gentle glow when we remember to dust them and help us to find our way. Please watch out for the wool spider (if she exists) - she can be a little moody. Strange happenings involving woollen underwear may or may not be linked to her :D

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga

This is an international place of friendship and nonsense, but it is a little gloomy in here. Please pull up an armadillo and take a seat and hopefully the one-legged pirate will be along shortly to bring you your beverage of choice. He’s started a bar with the leprechaun and it gets out of hand at times [emoji849]

The flying jellyfish have a gentle glow when we remember to dust them and help us to find our way. Please watch out for the wool spider (if she exists) - she can be a little moody. Strange happenings involving woollen underwear may or may not be linked to her :D
Phew that sounds ok

For a minute there, I thought I was going to get mugged

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I must of made a wrong turn somewhere

What is this cold dark place?
Hey There and welcome to the Cold Dark Rooms. Pull up an armadillo and sit back and enjoy the fun. If you should need a little light just poke a jellyfish. But watch out for the penguins (Sabine is very protective over them). If you want a drink Montgomery normally Brings coffee around in the morning but you will need to first find the One Legged Pirate if you want the alcoholic kind. And whatever you do don't fall asleep in the cellars or anywhere in here for that matter as the Wool Spider (If she exists) may just exchange your underwear for woolen ones she knitted again (If she exists)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Whahaha. You beat me to it. [emoji23]