COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I wasted two good hours of this beautiful afternoon waiting for someone to check the heating meters. I guess I didn't even have to wait -- the guy came, checked something outside the building, and then disappeared. :rolleyes: Time to go for a walk. Not see you all later, roommates!
[emoji85] [emoji85] [emoji83] That can be so frustrating.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good afternoon all.

Son is not well. He has a stomach upset both ends (v&d) and is feeling very sorry for himself. I'm overdosing on disinfectant and hand gel.

The Roland Garros men's semi finals are on tv and I have missed most of them thanks to trying to sort out an appointment with a consultant for my shoulder.

My GP (General Practitioner - first port of call doctor) was fine about referring me. Husband has private medical cover through work which we can use to speed the process up, but the insurance company are difficult to say the least. They have given me at least 3 different versions of what is covered in six calls over 2 days. Anyways, the appointment with the consultant is made for 10 days time and his secretary has now taken on the insurance company...I guess she is more used to dealing with them than I am :D

And this weekend the tennis finals will be keeping me busy :)
Aiyee!! Sorry they are giving you such a hard time. The receptions for Doctors normally do have much better luck with medical aid companies. Good luck with your son. Shame not nice having stomach upset. And enjoy your tennis.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Like clockwork...it’s about 1800 and it’s time for our Sully to depart one more time for an evening stroll and meal. In addition to the ever-growing grass, i proved a bit of romaine and a small plate of Mazuri nuggets, AND a nice large bunch of freshly cut Rose of Sharon stalks and leaves, AND a nice big bunch of just snipped Muscadine grape vines.

We just enjoy it so much when our Sully is out there grazing away on pretty much free food. :)

I always loved watching Joe out grazing. He would often ignore the stuff I put out and spend ages working on the weeds in the lawn.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Like clockwork...it’s about 1800 and it’s time for our Sully to depart one more time for an evening stroll and meal. In addition to the ever-growing grass, i proved a bit of romaine and a small plate of Mazuri nuggets, AND a nice large bunch of freshly cut Rose of Sharon stalks and leaves, AND a nice big bunch of just snipped Muscadine grape vines.

We just enjoy it so much when our Sully is out there grazing away on pretty much free food. :)
Sounds like a torts dream.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I'm a bit late popping in tonight as been out for a drink with a few friends, although I was driving so strictly non alcoholic for me.
A very nice evening catching up with old friends though.
No change in Lola and no results.:(
So nothing to report.
Hope you're all having a good Friday and looking forward to a good weekend.
It is always good catching up with friends. Glad you got to do that. (Waiting patiently) For Lola to behave and get better and for your results too. Have a good Saturday.[emoji3]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It’s kind of early to be up again. Son didn’t have to get up in the night thank goodness;?I think he just needs to sleep this bug off.

We left home at 5.30am and are heading for City Airport.

We passed 3 young people still heading home after last night. One appeared to have mislaid his trousers, but not his underwear fortunately. He wasn’t actually wearing his shirt either, but he was still in possession of that at least. He seemed happy enough.... [emoji1]