COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I received my Ancestry.com DNA results this a.m.

Europe West 46%
Great Brittain 25%
Finland/Northwest Russia 8%
Europe East 6%
Scandenavia 6%
Iberian Penninsula 4%
IR/SC/Wales 3%

So I guess you might say I'm a mutt!
Lol. You are mainly western European. Is how I see it. With some interesting additions.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I received my Ancestry.com DNA results this a.m.

Europe West 46%
Great Brittain 25%
Finland/Northwest Russia 8%
Europe East 6%
Scandenavia 6%
Iberian Penninsula 4%
IR/SC/Wales 3%

So I guess you might say I'm a mutt!
That's quite a mix and very interesting to find out.
I suspect most of us are mutts.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Lol. You are mainly western European. Is how I see it. With some interesting additions.
It's interesting because I knew my dad's parents both came from Germany, but my mom always said she was English and a little bit of everything - and the Ancestry results say she was telling the truth! The site is sort of confusing. I'm going to sit down and study it a bit more when I have more time.

What started the Ancestry thing my grand daughter wanted the kit, so I sent her one for her birthday. But the thing about it is, my husband's father came to the U.S. from the Philippines. He's 100% Philippino, and yet my grand daughter's DNA profile doesn't say anything about any Philippine blood in her genes.

I have a nice family tree in a binder that one of our relatives put together a while ago. They went to a lot of work putting it together. Must be over 100 pages and traces the tree back to 1635. But after a couple generations they started tracing the female's ancestors. I would have liked to see them continue to trace the male side. The info is on my dad's side. Then my mom gave me a bunch of hand written papers tracing HER ancestors back, but this one, being hand written, is pretty hard to read. I usually don't have the temperament to sit there and wade through that one.

Dang, I LOVE history!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Ooohhh. Maybe Lola will get jealous and start behaving.
I like frogs and like to help them but I couldn't pick one up - unless I had thick rubber gloves on or maybe if it was in serious danger.
My sister goes out every year with a bucket to move them across the roads in her area so that they don't get squashed.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It's interesting because I knew my dad's parents both came from Germany, but my mom always said she was English and a little bit of everything - and the Ancestry results say she was telling the truth! The site is sort of confusing. I'm going to sit down and study it a bit more when I have more time.

What started the Ancestry thing my grand daughter wanted the kit, so I sent her one for her birthday. But the thing about it is, my husband's father came to the U.S. from the Philippines. He's 100% Philippino, and yet my grand daughter's DNA profile doesn't say anything about any Philippine blood in her genes.

I have a nice family tree in a binder that one of our relatives put together a while ago. They went to a lot of work putting it together. Must be over 100 pages and traces the tree back to 1635. But after a couple generations they started tracing the female's ancestors. I would have liked to see them continue to trace the male side. The info is on my dad's side. Then my mom gave me a bunch of hand written papers tracing HER ancestors back, but this one, being hand written, is pretty hard to read. I usually don't have the temperament to sit there and wade through that one.

Dang, I LOVE history!!
That would fascinate me as well. Will be interesting to see if it more or less matches up to your family tree.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Dang, I LOVE history!!
My cousin and I are going to start researching our parents family tree this summer.
They were brother and sister and we know practically nothing their family history so it will be interesting.
Trouble is our grandparents name was Jones - the most common name in Wales, if not the UK, so we will have our work cut out.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Whew....i take a day off from reading posts to kayak in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor for “Clean the Bay” “Clean Harbor” clean water day, and find myself 5 pages behind. Whew..

I’ll post up a few pix....to give you a flavor of the day..

Here is the USS Constellation, permanently moored in the Harbor
B6FCA09C-E7CF-43D1-BE37-E5277944278F.jpeg

The Event Boat, with DJ music and public speakers..

A66892FA-E187-4065-95E2-8B2649509D31.jpeg

Some of the group gathered in Baltimore City’s Inner Harbor...

8489EBBF-36B8-4DD4-B1B0-93D22D652CF3.jpeg

7B7C752C-C0ED-4A7D-AE24-5506BFAE4DDB.jpeg

And out at our lunch spot, where they had music, catered lunch, drinks, etc for the paddling crowd

D125C34A-C7B9-43ED-9029-ACE8E7C7B8E8.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I like frogs and like to help them but I couldn't pick one up - unless I had thick rubber gloves on or maybe if it was in serious danger.
My sister goes out every year with a bucket to move them across the roads in her area so that they don't get squashed.
You don't have to pick it up. You can pick Lola up and show him the frog instead? Oh wait you can't do that because that might cause problems. Would have been interesting though.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Whew....i take a day off from reading posts to kayak in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor for “Clean the Bay” “Clean Harbor” clean water day, and find myself 5 pages behind. Whew..

I’ll post up a few pix....to give you a flavor of the day..

Here is the USS Constellation, permanently moored in the Harbor
View attachment 241505

The Event Boat, with DJ music and public speakers..

View attachment 241506

Some of the group gathered in Baltimore City’s Inner Harbor...

View attachment 241510

View attachment 241513

And out at our lunch spot, where they had music, catered lunch, drinks, etc for the paddling crowd

View attachment 241512
Looks like it was a good day and that lots of people attended.