COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
The storm stopped, it’s still pretty humid, and we have been for dinner.

A lovely seafood platter - crab, langoustines, prawns, bulot (whelks), mussels and oysters.

And desserts were pretty good too. I had Île Flotante (literally Floating Island - a very light meringue floating on a cold crême anglaise custard)
IMG_7823.jpg

JoesDad had Rum Baba - you were given the rum bottle to add to taste!
IMG_7822.jpg

And to prove we are in Paris - a grainy, late night shot of the Eiffel Tower which appears to be doing lighthouse impressions at the moment
IMG_7826.jpg

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

A lovely seafood platter - crab, langoustines, prawns, bulot (whelks), mussels and oysters.

And desserts were pretty good too. I had Île Flotante (literally Floating Island - a very light meringue floating on a cold crême anglaise custard)
View attachment 241544

View attachment 241545

And to prove we are in Paris - a grainy, late night shot of the Eiffel Tower which appears to be doing lighthouse impressions at the moment
View attachment 241546

Wow....I’m sure everything was delicious! The seafood platter..scrumptious! Not too shabby desserts either.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I have some catching up to do but wanted to update you on my new tort my sister gave me .
Did great on the 5 hour trip home and in the hotel over night.
Got him and soak him and he drank forever! Put him in the enclosure and he walked around and peed all white[emoji53]. It looked like milk.
He’s pacing the yard and loves water!

He was only fed kale and tortoise pellets. I have him a variety and only ate hibiscus flower.

This is going to take tough love. Tomorrow I’ll give him Mazuri and grass.

IMG_0511.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I have some catching up to do but wanted to update you on my new tort my sister gave me .
Got him and soak him and he drank forever! Put him in the enclosure and he walked around and peed all white[emoji53]. It looked like milk.

He was only fed kale and tortoise pellets. I have him a variety and only ate hibiscus flower.

View attachment 241550

Pee like milk is fine. There was a lot of urate to excrete, but at least it was liquid not sandy.

Well done :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all. Our last day in Paris. We return home this evening. Because we are in the outskirts rather than the centre, and we had a busy weekend, the plans are for a gentle day and a good lunch.

It’s currently raining so coffee and a (light) breakfast are the only priority : D

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Bonsoir everyone.

If Rafa Nadal can mix languages then so can I. His winners speech included “C’est encroyable to jouer in front of you all” :D

We had a good day at the tennis today. The matches were probably better yesterday, but it was fantastic to see Rafa win his 11th French Open title.

The weather has been very hot and very humid. There is little shelter there. The trick for survival is very lightweight, loose clothing with long sleeves. I have a particularly lightweight skirt and blouse that are great for it. Combined with a wide brimmed hat, gallons of sun cream and plenty of water to drink, you are still sweaty but not burnt to a cinder.

The weather has just broken and we have a much needed storm clearing the air.

Graffiti picture in our hotel
View attachment 241525

Roland Garros was a French Aviator who died at the end of WWI. They were commemorating the centenary of his death today

French airforce fly past finished a one minute silence
View attachment 241527
View attachment 241528

The military band played the French National Anthem
View attachment 241529

And Rafa with the trophy
View attachment 241530

We’re now in the bar listening to dreadful covers of 1970s disco hits. It’s easier with a glass of wine in your hand ;)

Love the tribute to Roland Garros. Never knew where the tournament got its name!
Hope you did have a glass of wine... :eek:

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

View attachment 241544

View attachment 241545

View attachment 241546

Ditch the cake, lean on the rum, JoesDad ;)
Looks lovely, but I’m sure the main course was even better. (I’m not big on desserts anymore. Trying to get a notch smaller, actually...)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

View attachment 241550

Poor thing must’ve been dehydrated. So glad you have him now. Don’t let him out-stubborn you.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning all. Our last day in Paris. We return home this evening. Because we are in the outskirts rather than the centre, and we had a busy weekend, the plans are for a gentle day and a good lunch.

It’s currently raining so coffee and a (light) breakfast are the only priority : D

Enjoy your last day there, Linda! (Until next time, right?) ;)