COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
I don't know.
I agree that we should probably advise newbies to seek help elsewhere, but I still think it's great that we share photos and problems we encounter with our own tortoises here in the Cold Dark Room.
I certainly don't want to be searching all over the forum for updates on Lola, Jacques, Tidgy etc, they're a part of the Cold Dark Room family, as is James now.
And sometimes newbies come to the Cold Dark Room seeking help because it's the only place that seems active.
I will still continue to give out advice if i can, but will recommend they make their own thread. :)
I really don't want to start laying down rules for the Cold Dark Room, (other than the Forum rules)

I didn’t really mean a hard a fast no talking torts rule. It’s just that James’ questions illustrated so beautifully how these things can quickly become confused in a busy thread like this. James had advice earlier that he was following which then got confused and conflicted because people couldn’t quickly recap the whole story.

It’s as much my fault as anyone. If I had supported him to post his own thread originally then it wouldn’t have happened.

And Bea gives us news on Jacques but the issues with her illness are discussed in another thread.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I didn’t really mean a hard a fast no talking torts rule. It’s just that James’ questions illustrated so beautifully how these things can quickly become confused in a busy thread like this. James had advice earlier that he was following which then got confused and conflicted because people couldn’t quickly recap the whole story.

It’s as much my fault as anyone. If I had supported him to post his own thread originally then it wouldn’t have happened.

And Bea gives us news on Jacques but the issues with her illness are discussed in another thread.
I get your point, and do agree that it would be wise to encourage posting elsewhere where that is practicable.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I don't know.
I agree that we should probably advise newbies to seek help elsewhere, but I still think it's great that we share photos and problems we encounter with our own tortoises here in the Cold Dark Room.
I certainly don't want to be searching all over the forum for updates on Lola, Jacques, Tidgy etc, they're a part of the Cold Dark Room family, as is James now.
And sometimes newbies come to the Cold Dark Room seeking help because it's the only place that seems active.
I will still continue to give out advice if i can, but will recommend they make their own thread. :)
I really don't want to start laying down rules for the Cold Dark Room, (other than the Forum rules)
I agree.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Well that didn't take long to catch up. It must be coming up to the end of the week. [emoji16]
Hope everyone has an awesome Thursday.
I'm here! Your not alone in the dark[emoji12]
I'm enjoying sitting back and relaxing for a bit before hubby gets home and going to bed.
I hope your day goes well.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I'm here! Your not alone in the dark[emoji12]
I'm enjoying sitting back and relaxing for a bit before hubby gets home and going to bed.
I hope your day goes well.
That is the best part of the day, when you can sit and just relax before the end of it. Good Evening Bambam.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Hi Adam. I can sleep when I am dead ....:eek::D
Yes, a nice night flight would be great.:)
Until then I have prepared something for you a week ago. I hope you have fun with it and always remenber: ".... all I`m taking is your time...."
For you Adam::):<3:

Just listened to this! Beautiful. That dog was having some sweet dreams. :)
Hope you’re feeling better, Sabine! [emoji173]️

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good mornooning, roommates! Cloudy skies today, but it’s warm. I started selling off some of daughter’s toys under the counter. It’s still a while before we move, but when the day comes I don’t want to have too much stuff on my hands. I’m also planning to donate my EUR Size 36/Size S clothes. I was hoping I’d lose enough weight to be able to wear them again, but it looks like it’s not going to happen. :rolleyes: :) Hope everyone has a great day today! [emoji173]️

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good mornooning, roommates! Cloudy skies today, but it’s warm. I started selling off some of daughter’s toys under the counter. It’s still a while before we move, but when the day comes I don’t want to have too much stuff on my hands. I’m also planning to donate my EUR Size 36/Size S clothes. I was hoping I’d lose enough weight to be able to wear them again, but it looks like it’s not going to happen. :rolleyes: :) Hope everyone has a great day today! [emoji173]️
Good Plan,
And I know how you feel. I finally faced facts and did that towards the end of last year. Sometimes it is hard to let go of who we think we are and accept who we actually are. Well done Lena.