COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
No it doesn’t need heat!

It can be cool. He may need additional basking heat to jump start his tort in the morning, but at night the tort should be fine.

Please guys. You lot are confusing the issue with different species and/or locations

Sorry! :oops:
@rjamesbeasley, listen to Linda. She knows a thing, or three[emoji6], about keeping a Testudo in the UK.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Can I suggest we make it CDR rule that Tortoise issues are not discussed in this thread?

Trying to offer advice to relative newbies in this thread is a disaster waiting to happen as people can’t easily see advice previously offered.

I suggest we direct people to create a thread in the correct forum and then they can alert us to it by posting a link in the CDR.

With that in mind, @rjamesbeasley I am happy to chat to you in here, but please would you create a thread in the accommodation or Hermanni forums if you need more help :)

Sounds reasonable. :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Can I suggest we make it CDR rule that Tortoise issues are not discussed in this thread?

Trying to offer advice to relative newbies in this thread is a disaster waiting to happen as people can’t easily see advice previously offered.

I suggest we direct people to create a thread in the correct forum and then they can alert us to it by posting a link in the CDR.

With that in mind, @rjamesbeasley I am happy to chat to you in here, but please would you create a thread in the accommodation or Hermanni forums if you need more help :)
Good idea

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
All quiet on the western front from neighbours but she has pulled everything she had against my little fence away from it.
Making a point about the condition of it no doubt, whilst conveniently forgetting they've had fence panels against the back of it for the last 12 years so no way to maintain it.
I'm assuming the HA has been in touch with her.
Anyway must pop to the shops so see you all later.
Sounds sort of positive.
I think. :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

I don't know.
I agree that we should probably advise newbies to seek help elsewhere, but I still think it's great that we share photos and problems we encounter with our own tortoises here in the Cold Dark Room.
I certainly don't want to be searching all over the forum for updates on Lola, Jacques, Tidgy etc, they're a part of the Cold Dark Room family, as is James now.
And sometimes newbies come to the Cold Dark Room seeking help because it's the only place that seems active.
I will still continue to give out advice if i can, but will recommend they make their own thread. :)
I really don't want to start laying down rules for the Cold Dark Room, (other than the Forum rules)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yuk! How big is that Scorpion?

In France a few years ago there was quite a large one living in the overflow for the Butler’s Sink in the utility room. I managed to catch it and remove it outside well away from the house * shudders *

We don’t have any native scorpion species in the UK thank goodness. There is a small population of yellow-tailed scorpions living in the wild in Sheerness Docks not far from where I live. They undoubtedly came in on a boat, but the UK weather has ensured they haven’t spread
We get lots here! Many species.
But in the countryside, not usually in the cities.
They kill a few people every year, but I find them fascinating.
Most species aren't very harmful, but there are a few you learn about that are! :eek: