COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
View attachment 248497
Do any of these look interesting, Adam? It’s not terribly far from us, so I might take daughter on an outing there. Fossils are fascinating. (Probably even more so if you do know what you’re looking at. [emoji23])
They are quite cool and they look like these ones.

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-16_11-43-25.png
    upload_2018-8-16_11-43-25.png
    508.1 KB · Views: 10

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all. It's cloudy here too today. It's a chores day today... not that we didn't get a load done yesterday too. We cleared the house gutters, cut the grass (well the 30% that has grown back - the rest is still brown) and did a load of other garden work. Today's ironing has ben done and nkw the aquarium needs cleaning and JoesDad and I are packing for our next trip to the land of cheese and wine :) I must write a list! Have a good day everyone :)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning all. It's cloudy here too today. It's a chores day today... not that we didn't get a load done yesterday too. We cleared the house gutters, cut the grass (well the 30% that has grown back - the rest is still brown) and did a load of other garden work. Today's ironing has ben done and nkw the aquarium needs cleaning and JoesDad and I are packing for our next trip to the land of cheese and wine :) I must write a list! Have a good day everyone :)
Seems like all over is a little overcast. We are also overcast, except we have the wind as well.
Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you. Good luck.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Shame. He is writing a test tomorrow so will only be finishing at 8pm. And he also has two assignments he has to complete. So won't be much celebrating.
Happy birthday to your son Carol.
Shame about the work but there's always the weekend coming up - hopefully he'll be able to celebrate a little then.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hello Lyn, what should I drink to your opinion? Some bottle of wine or beer ? Gin or Vodka ?:confused::confused::confused:
No, only a joke. No alcohol for me. I like water and milk. Sleep is good too. Maybe tonight I can sleep better than the last night.
Thank you.:):):):<3:
I wouldn't recommend alcohol Bee, although a port and brandy seems to help.
It doesn't cure a cold but it helps you forget you have one!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I don't know.
I agree that we should probably advise newbies to seek help elsewhere, but I still think it's great that we share photos and problems we encounter with our own tortoises here in the Cold Dark Room.
I certainly don't want to be searching all over the forum for updates on Lola, Jacques, Tidgy etc, they're a part of the Cold Dark Room family, as is James now.
And sometimes newbies come to the Cold Dark Room seeking help because it's the only place that seems active.
I will still continue to give out advice if i can, but will recommend they make their own thread. :)
I really don't want to start laying down rules for the Cold Dark Room, (other than the Forum rules)
There is that I suppose.
I don't mind either way.
Maybe everyone just make sure they have read all connected posts before giving out advice.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/morning all. The sun is shining here but it's quite cool and breezy too so ideal weather for me.
Hope everyone is well and having a good day.
I'm just off to the recycling centre (aka the tip) - what a glamorous life I lead!:rolleyes:
TTFN

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good mornooning, roommates! Cloudy skies today, but it’s warm. I started selling off some of daughter’s toys under the counter. It’s still a while before we move, but when the day comes I don’t want to have too much stuff on my hands. I’m also planning to donate my EUR Size 36/Size S clothes. I was hoping I’d lose enough weight to be able to wear them again, but it looks like it’s not going to happen. :rolleyes: :) Hope everyone has a great day today! [emoji173]️
Good afternoon, Lena! :)
Sell all the toys!
_vti_cnf_muahaha.gif

The clothes are about my size, so you could donate them to me!
Have a splendid day. :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good afternoon/morning all. The sun is shining here but it's quite cool and breezy too so ideal weather for me.
Hope everyone is well and having a good day.
I'm just off to the recycling centre (aka the tip) - what a glamorous life I lead!:rolleyes:
TTFN
Ah, so you have the sunshine. It's persisting it down here. Very soggy! The garden will love it :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
View attachment 248497
Do any of these look interesting, Adam? It’s not terribly far from us, so I might take daughter on an outing there. Fossils are fascinating. (Probably even more so if you do know what you’re looking at. [emoji23])
I don't know the geology of your area, or Denmark at all, really, but those look like Upper Cretaceous specimens from the chalk or flints and cherts or the same age, 110 million years old or so at a guess. Most of them are heart urchins, something like Micraster, I should think, and the three on the right are parts of belemnite guards. Worth a look, you may even get lucky and find some ammonites and shark's teeth.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good day all.

Up early to hit the calm waters AND before the heat and temps get too oppressive again.

I see Adam has an event today to attend...

View attachment 248498
I've always rather liked Madonna (but not as an actress) , but she's usually hanging out in Marrakech which is a bit far from me.
Still, she might visit for couscous, I suppose. :)
Good morning, Mark, have fun!

Last edited:

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
They are quite cool and they look like these ones.
Nearly.
Those are the tests of modern regular sea-urchins.
upload_2018-8-16_12-49-53.jpeg
When they die, usually all the spines fall out and you're left with what you posted.
The heart urchins are a different, largely soft-spined group which sometimes burrow just under the surface of the sea floor.
images

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Cheese! :D
Good afternoon, Linda. :)
I have housework today too, plus a couple of lessons.
Hey ho!