COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
It is very sad. Many years ago it was mainly black people who would be standing on the side of the road begging for food or money. Nowadays there are lots of white people as well. The problem over here though is that a few of those people who beg on the side of the road do it because it is easier for them than actually going to get a job. So it tends to make a person not want to give them money. Well for me at least, as I have no interest in supporting someone who can go out and get themselves a job but are too lazy to do it.

THANK YOU! There is a particular store here I use to do my shopping most times and there is this woman who “works” the parking lot begging for money. It really ticks me off! If she showed up near as diligently for a real job, she wouldn’t be in the situation she was in. I get so angry every time I see her because I’m always wondering if I should really be helping when I see these people and I know she ruins it in my mind for the people who might truly need help. Huge soap box for me!!! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good Day one and all.

Dark, cool and overcast here in Maryland this morning with a rather large storm front moving our way later this afternoon. I’m hoping for a good, steady rain that will fill-up my newly installed “rain barrel”.

Once these storms blow through, our temps should jump back but NO humidity.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning to All. Got to get up and moving with day. Registering my boy in school first thing this morning then a full day at work... never enough hours in the day. Hope everyone has something to smile about today. !

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all.
Hope it's a pleasant morning where you are.
Overcast but muggy here.
I've just received a telephone call with a pre recorded message saying that my IP address has been compromised in several countries and they need to change it so would I please press 1 to connect to the technician.
They didn't introduce themselves as my IP provider.
Dodgy or what?
Obviously I just put the phone down.
Have a good day - whatever you're up to.

[emoji849]Scammers! [emoji35]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Hmmm, Definitly sounds dodgy to me. It is sunny here right now. And it is Tuesday. Yayyy one day closer to the weekend. I really feel that they should have a 4 day weekend and a 3 day work week. Maybe we should start a petition ?

I bet a lot of people would sign it. But I’m not one of them! :D

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good to see you back here too, Ed.
Same old, same old with neighbours.
Long story, but in a nutshell they've been reaching over the fence and chopping chunks out of my shrubs so had the police here recently - not that they helped at all:(
She has retaliated by parking her car outside my house and not moving it over for the last 10 days - the usual spiteful bullying tactics.
Not a thing I can do about it but hopefully their landlord will sort it out.

We all want the landlord to sort it out! Have they visited yet from the housing association?

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
LOL, I normally stumble in here on a daily basis, as I am not a morning person, nor am I a working person, or a day person or a night person or .......hang on a sec, maybe I am not a person. Muahahaha - nobody knows?

Sounds like a good plan to visit your Mom, not the blowing money on EB. Unless of course you have money to blow, then by all means enjoy blowing it.;)

The first part... :confused: :eek:!!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Unfortunately, as long as she isn't blocking a drive (which I don't have) she can park anywhere.
No one has a right to park outside their own house here but people are generally considerate and don't park long term.
They reported another neighbour to his boss when he left his work's car outside their house for a week (because they were outside his).
I think they have just added a 5th car to their family so they have one that isn't driven.
Not only spiteful bullies but hypocrites too.
No further news from Housing Association. I'll give them a few more days and contact them again.

OK. Answers my question about the HA.