COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
NUTZ!!! I wanted to watch the new show "Manifest" tonight, but it's on the same time as " The Good Doctor" on another station. I LOVE "The Good Doctor" but "Manifest" look interesting. Shoot!

Frustrating! That’s why services providing shows on demand are the future of entertainment TV.

Did you end up switching back and forth during the commercials?

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning all. It’s Tuesday and I must spend another day going through exam data for my governor meetings tomorrow.

It’s about the only time that doing the ironing seems like an interesting alternative [emoji23]

Take frequent breaks, Linda! Neither ironing nor paper work is good for your back, unfortunately.

We have a “general assembly” for the parent association tonight. They control part of the school budget, so it’s kind of important to go, but they schedule these meetings for 5 pm. The worst time if you have a small child and a working partner. :rolleyes:

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good mornooning, roommates!
We had a bit of hail yesterday! And the temps dropped to 6 C (42.8F) this morning, with a high of 13C (55.4F) later today. The “Indian summer” is over (that’s what they call it in Danish too—unlike the “old woman’s summer” in Russian and German).

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning, roommates!
We had a bit of hail yesterday! And the temps dropped to 6 C (42.8F) this morning, with a high of 13C (55.4F) later today. The “Indian summer” is over (that’s what they call it in Danish too—unlike the “old woman’s summer” in Russian and German).

There was snow on the Scottish mountains last week!

Our low of 3C on this morning is leading to a forecast sunny high of 18C today... and 22C by Thursday. We are having beautiful days with cold autumnal nights

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I get fed up with it sometimes and I just stay away for a while. But it just seems different when Adam does it.
Hmmm, It does. It actually feels more dissappointing to me when he does it. But then I suppose that is not fair to him. As he is just like the rest of us and therefore should not be expected to be held to a higher standard than the rest of us. It is just inifinitly sad to me that Adam (whose room this belongs to) would feel that he no longer fits in with us. It makes me feel slightly inadequite and that I or the roommates left here are not enough for him. AGAIN though even though I feel like this, I cannot in good conscious condemn him for feeling the way he does, as he is entitled to also be able to leave should he want to. I mean there have been quite a few roommates who have already done that, so if they can why can he not.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
On second thought, he looks nothing like him. Amazing what your memory does as you get older:

03f42c939ff4fded24198e4b50641063.jpg

I'll bet he;s not even a pit!
Whahahaha

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I just took in 2018 Rescue #56:

View attachment 252442 View attachment 252443

Another male. Where the heck are all the female sulcatas? This one had to be given up because a German Shepherd had become protective of the female head of household and wouldn't allow the tortoise near the lady. He had grabbed ahold of the shell just above the tortoise's head (you can see a roughness) and wouldn't let go. The lady squirted the dog with the hose, but he kept going back and biting the tortoise. She says the dog tortoise relationship was ok until the tortoise came too close to the lady.
Oh Shame. Luckily not too much damage was done to the tortoise.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I just took in 2018 Rescue #56:

View attachment 252442 View attachment 252443

Another male. Where the heck are all the female sulcatas? This one had to be given up because a German Shepherd had become protective of the female head of household and wouldn't allow the tortoise near the lady. He had grabbed ahold of the shell just above the tortoise's head (you can see a roughness) and wouldn't let go. The lady squirted the dog with the hose, but he kept going back and biting the tortoise. She says the dog tortoise relationship was ok until the tortoise came too close to the lady.
And May I say that it is nice to have you back. I missed you while you were gone.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It's such a shame, especially from a long term perspective. That sulcata could live to see many generations of dogs (hopefully from a distance).

I have to wonder if it's a younger dog, too... Just coming into his own, reaching full size, trying to solidify his place in the pack.

Maybe Tom has a tortoise safety training program for canines? Seems like there's a market for it.
LOL - Yes he does - He calls it keep your dogs away from your torts.;)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Number 56 just this year? Yvonne, you’re a saint!!
Keeping dogs and torts separately — I’ll need to think of that one hard, because some day I’d love to have both.

Isn’t it true that when eggs are incubated at slightly lower temps, mostly males would develop?
I don't think that the egg temp thing is fool proof though.