COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Take frequent breaks, Linda! Neither ironing nor paper work is good for your back, unfortunately.

We have a “general assembly” for the parent association tonight. They control part of the school budget, so it’s kind of important to go, but they schedule these meetings for 5 pm. The worst time if you have a small child and a working partner. :rolleyes:
Oh dear. Good Luck with that one.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good mornooning, roommates!
We had a bit of hail yesterday! And the temps dropped to 6 C (42.8F) this morning, with a high of 13C (55.4F) later today. The “Indian summer” is over (that’s what they call it in Danish too—unlike the “old woman’s summer” in Russian and German).
Here is a warm hug to warm you up.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Are those things still around?

They only work with an analogue tv signal. With many countries going digital they’re becoming rarer but you can still find them on ebay and craig’s list.

I have no idea if the US has gone digital for tv yet. The UK has, but our geography is somewhat smaller.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
There was snow on the Scottish mountains last week!

Our low of 3C on this morning is leading to a forecast sunny high of 18C today... and 22C by Thursday. We are having beautiful days with cold autumnal nights
A warm hug is coming your way too. I hope they get to you and Lena in time to warm you up.

In fact I better send a warm Hug to Lyn, Sabine, Pastel and to everyone experiencing cold weather at the moment.

upload_2018-9-25_11-29-46.png upload_2018-9-25_11-30-15.png upload_2018-9-25_11-31-23.png

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well that did not take too long to catch up.

It is a wet, cold and overcast Tuesday here today. But do not worry, I am armed with my hot chocolate, and warm jacket. And It is one day closer to the weekend. Lol - yes I know I just had a long weekend. Problem is that the long weekends feel like the weekend should feel and the moment you walk into the office you sort of want to just walk back out again and go back home to do other things. Oh well there is no rest for the wicked. So they say - but in my experience the wicked have all the fun and the innocent get taken advantage of and end up working way too hard. Anyway today is another day, and things are back to normal again. All boys are back home and life is good.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Well that did not take too long to catch up.

It is a wet, cold and overcast Tuesday here today. But do not worry, I am armed with my hot chocolate, and warm jacket. And It is one day closer to the weekend. Lol - yes I know I just had a long weekend. Problem is that the long weekends feel like the weekend should feel and the moment you walk into the office you sort of want to just walk back out again and go back home to do other things. Oh well there is no rest for the wicked. So they say - but in my experience the wicked have all the fun and the innocent get taken advantage of and end up working way too hard. Anyway today is another day, and things are back to normal again. All boys are back home and life is good.

At least it’s spring for you. Do send us lots of photos of sunshine in a month or so. Sun here started to set around 7pm, and from now on it will only get darker and darker... and darker and darker and darker... :eek: Midnight darkness at 4 pm in November-December is the only serious downside of living in Denmark.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
At least it’s spring for you. Do send us lots of photos of sunshine in a month or so. Sun here started to set around 7pm, and from now on it will only get darker and darker... and darker and darker and darker... :eek: Midnight darkness at 4 pm in November-December is the only serious downside of living in Denmark.
Wow. I did not realise it got dark that early.

I will send you lots of pics of sunshine. If I could bottle it I would send that too.;)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
NUTZ!!! I wanted to watch the new show "Manifest" tonight, but it's on the same time as " The Good Doctor" on another station. I LOVE "The Good Doctor" but "Manifest" look interesting. Shoot!

Yes.....Manifest was rather interesting - at least the initial plot. Not sure how many shows in the future will be able to grab the attention of viewers.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
A warm hug is coming your way too. I hope they get to you and Lena in time to warm you up.

In fact I better send a warm Hug to Lyn, Sabine, Pastel and to everyone experiencing cold weather at the moment.

View attachment 252455 View attachment 252456 View attachment 252457
I'm in Florida, so no cold weather yet. The cats are all ready for cooler weather, though. They've been hard at work, practicing taking over the bed and tunneling under the covers!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
The lady was unable to discipline the dog. She must have done something wrong because German Shepards are easy to discipline. I think that the dog thinks he is the "leader" and has to protect the lady. My dogs know that they are not the leader but I am their leader !
They would never dare to bite a tortoise or a cat !
German shepherds get big enough and are formidable enough that people should not get them unless they are going to follow through with basic training, at least.

Mixed dog-cat households run best when the dog knows the bipeds are in charge and that the cats are firmly entrenched ABOVE the dog in the pecking order.

Pecking order probably doesn't matter much if the DOG decides to add the cat to the household. Years ago, my parents' dog found a little kitten on the side of their dirt road, and basically wouldn't budge until they took her home. She is HIS kitty, and they all know it.