Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
So I need to vent...... I usually don’t talk about the not so perfect things in my life because I choose to overlook and be happy... but I’m very angry right now. Maybe hurt as well. I’ve told y’all about my 14yr old I took in this year. We are struggling. He is continuously in trouble in school and does not listen well at all. To keep from writing a novel, I’ll leave that at that... I’m not sure I’m dealing with it well. I have raised my children to be honest and respectful and they have never given me more than a minutes trouble. I know Dillon has a lot to overcome and I’m not giving up on him but I really need some prayers for guidance, strength, patience.... u name it, anything is bound to help.... on a positive note, sometimes it seems like I’m seeing a difference... just prayers please and we don’t have to talk about it anymore:)

Sending you a hug! [emoji173]️

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Given how long we had Joe, I know a thing or two about keeping Greeks in the UK. It was only last weekend that I commented to JoesDad how difficult our weather was for tortoises; hibernation temperatures at night and fully active temperatures by day. I would be pretty stressed myself now.

I'm still missing Joe badly :( I have just about cured myself of blaming me when I couldn't have done anything to prevent his tumour, but it still hurts :(

Even I miss Joe. He was quite a personality. [emoji173]️

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
And Daughter phoned up in a flap because she clipped a kerb coming off a roundabout and managed to get two flat tyres and a damaged alloy wheel :(

She’s never had to deal with something like this before

She now has a recovery truck on the way and an insurance claim in. That’s the insurance premium hiked next year then :( At least she is OK

Glad she’s safe.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Homecoming is tomorrow, formal dance Saturday... I finished the mum tonight.. I was rather pleased with my efforts & Minime was ecstatic.. think it’s ok? I’m not known to be crafty at all, but I wanted to do this for her.

View attachment 253344

It’s pretty. What’s it for?

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Weekend plans...

Saturday - 34 Chesapeake Paddlers are going to "Baltimore Fleet Week and USAF Thunderbird Airshow Paddle"
Sunday - 15 Waters Edge Kayakers will Explore the Scenic Bush River in Edgewater Md

So, two full days of kayaking... Weather looks good too.

Wow, you’re busy!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning all. It's due to be wet, cold and windy today. Yesterday was beautiful sunshine and over 20C; really nice. Our weather in autumn can be a bit variable :D

JoesDad and I are heading up to London to nose round an art gallery and have a meal out.

Enjoy your day in London, Linda!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Hi roommates! I’ve mostly caught up, I think. This was my crazy week. Here’s a snap of my stand at the International Day where I represented three countries:

1b94ea0d-8243-4d93-b5d1-c1ad0f59d660.jpg

The food part was great!

IMG_1538819995.742758.jpg
IMG_1538820007.974091.jpg
IMG_1538820018.190326.jpg

We’re off to Italy tomorrow. [emoji173]️

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Wow... looking great! And scrumptious. Enjoy Italy....but where..all over, down South, up in the mountains, wining or dining?

Mostly Rome. But with stopovers in Milan, Bologna, and Florence. Might take a trip down to Pompeii too - daughter has read about the volcano eruption of 79AD at school.

Any recommendations for restaurants in those places? We’re always open to a good suggestion! ;)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
My Daughters friend and I tried to create a photo shoot last night. It was very difficult to get all of my tortoises in one picture. They are not meek tempered by any means so they don’t sit still AT ALL! This was the best end result I think [emoji848]

Attachments

• IMG_9118.jpg
    IMG_9118.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17