COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
G’day All

Took advantage of a cracking Autumn day yesterday in our neck of the woods. Frosty start that quickly moved to big blue skies, puffy white clouds and #Sunshine all day long. I worked on dropping about a 60 ft high dead tree that was leaning precariously in our back garden. The top 1/3 was caught in among other trees so required many cuts to finally get it to drop.

Once dropped, cut up into splittable log wheels, moved to the wood shed for splitting. Yeah...

Happy Tuesday

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
G’day All

Took advantage of a cracking Autumn day yesterday in our neck of the woods. Frosty start that quickly moved to big blue skies, puffy white clouds and #Sunshine all day long. I worked on dropping about a 60 ft high dead tree that was leaning precariously in our back garden. The top 1/3 was caught in among other trees so required many cuts to finally get it to drop.

Once dropped, cut up into splittable log wheels, moved to the wood shed for splitting. Yeah...

Happy Tuesday
There is nothing like a nice fire in the middle of winter, for which you need plenty of wood. So that tree knew it had to come down. Well done on all the hard work. Now you just have to split all those logs.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
G’day All

You know, if you want to work more on your tree trimming and dropping skills, I'm sure you could find a few to practice on in in the Florida Panhandle... :p Some nice rivers for kayaking in the area, too. :D

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
You’re a little warmer than us! But I see a downward trend across the board. It’s autumn proper here.
View attachment 254987
Your daughter is so beautiful! I really like the location, too... I've always been enchanted with streams, small creeks, woods... even more lovely with the autumn colors and fallen leaves. :)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
You know, if you want to work more on your tree trimming and dropping skills, I'm sure you could find a few to practice on in in the Florida Panhandle... :p Some nice rivers for kayaking in the area, too. :D

Yes, you’re right - but i think i have enough to work on here.... and YES about kayaking in Florida. Our club goes down there about once a year in February to get away from the cold and snow and enjoy the warmth and sunshine. Always a great trip.

We continue to look at houses to purchase in the greater Palm Coast / Flaggler Beach area. Started out looking in St Augustine/Jacksonville area, but have moved our search a bit south. Just seems more “tropical” with more palm trees, etc.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Excellent news! High security facility definitely required.

The wool spider, if she exists, seems to have taken on full responsibility for the leprechaun's current accommodation. Montgomery tells me the leprechaun was being very rude about the wool spider and it really doesn't do to upset her!

LOVE it!!!! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji887]

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Hey everybody, been a crazy few days here. Unfortunately a police officer was killed not far from my house and the suspect has been on the run. Yesterday they raided a house on my street looking for the guy. I've never seen activity like this around here. There has been helicopters flying around nonstop and police everywhere. Earlier today not far from my house they found and killed the suspect.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/10/21/us/georgia-officer-killed/index.html

Glad that ordeal is done!!
I would have been so scared!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
G’day All

Happy Tuesday

60 ft - 18+ meters! That’s a lot of wood to chop! ;) Bravo, Mark!

Bee62

Germany
I'm trying to catch up... and I'm also trying to locate a hatchling three-striped mud turtle (Bold) who decided to pull a Houdini on me, sometime after I left for work this morning. The other three-striped mud (Pinstripe) isn't talking. Then again, Pinstripe usually doesn't say much.

The yearling box turtle doesn't recall seeing the mud. I don't think she appreciated me digging her out from under her hide to ask her that question, either. She (Junior) doesn't care to be reminded that she is no longer an only turtle.

The cats don't seem aware of any 1.25"-ish moving rock. I asked the cats if they'd seen a turtle. I don't think they know what a turtle is. The turtles are supposed to stay in the bathroom where the cats aren't allowed. Unfortunately, a tiny turtle who's decided to go off-roading can fit under any door in the house. I have no idea where Bold ended up.

In some ways, it would be nice if the cats would all gather where the critter in question is, like they do with lizards, frogs, etc. Then it's pretty clear where I need to look. The cats aren't talking. Dragon got my hopes up earlier, but I think he was just practicing his singing.
Good luck that you are able to find your little turtle. Even bigger tortoises can disappear outdoors in less than 5 minutes and are never seen again.:(