COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning CDR!!
Well, my husband left for China this morning for 23 days.
The contractor is done for now and I love my new walk in closet and our fireplace he did for us.
We had a nice family reunion Saturday and it was nice to see everyone. We smoked tri-tip and had a few sides.

Now, I need to get down to business and start thinking about my tortoise recipient gifts!

I’ll check in later!
Oohh. We want pictures of the finished look.
If you need any help while hubby is away. Just ask. [emoji6]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Hey hey!!! That’s exactly what my hubby did too... except he managed to drop part of the tree on the new tractor.. thank goodness for insurance[emoji18] I am proud you men folk have been taking advantage of the cool weather for some upkeep chores:)

THE tractor he was so worried about that he wouldn’t let YOU anywhere near it? Men! :rolleyes:
[emoji23][emoji23]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hey hey!!! That’s exactly what my hubby did too... except he managed to drop part of the tree on the new tractor.. thank goodness for insurance[emoji18] I am proud you men folk have been taking advantage of the cool weather for some upkeep chores:)
Hmm. I wish mine did that.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I've managed to lose my juvenile box turtle in her own indoor enclosure... too many times to count! It still happens occasionally, even though she's close to 3.5" now. Her enclosure is only a 55 gallon Rubbermaid tote... :oops: :rolleyes:

She's our Super Secret Special Ops Turtle!

Shall I send you a magnifying glass — if you’re my TORTOISE recipient? [emoji23]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I regularly lost Joe at 7lb and 10 inches in length. He just blended in with the background and was extremely difficult to find.

My Elsa once escaped into the neighbor’s garden AND dug herself in. Took me a while to finish that game of hide-and-seek.
[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Then cats are sneaky and loyal like that!!!
Yes, they are! I even let Dragon accompany me into the bathroom after a couple hours searching for our escapee, so he could double check where I had already searched. He confirmed that I hadn't missed anything.

Dragon is one of the least dangerous cats to allow in the bathroom (supervised, of course). He's a big cat, but he seems well aware of his actual size. He isn't one to chew on plants, and he rarely knocks anything over by accident. Sure, he can be a brat and a bad boy, but he's a mama's Dragon. :D

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I regularly lost Joe at 7lb and 10 inches in length. He just blended in with the background and was extremely difficult to find.

And my Elsa, at 8 inches long, can go into Stealth Ninja Mode, too! Amazing hw they can seem to disappear right under our noses!

Bee62

Germany
Thank you. I know, the temps are not what I describe as “lovely”. But could have been worse... and will be! :eek:
How are you, my friend?
Hello Lena. I am fine. Its getting colder in Germany too. Night temps are 1,7 C brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... Day temps around 7 C brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
upload_2018-10-23_23-56-46.jpeg

Bee62

Germany
My Elsa once escaped into the neighbor’s garden AND dug herself in. Took me a while to finish that game of hide-and-seek.
[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️
Glad you got her back. In my childhood I had a tortoises that escaped out of my parents garden. Neighbors found her and brought her back to me. The neighbors owned tortoises too. My tortoise has crawled through 3 properties before she was found. Greek tortoises are very fast and active in summer !