COLD DARK ROOM

Redfool

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
This is the aviary WITH the birds in it.
I've made a system so that Kelly will be able to roll out and cut paper for the bottom. If only because newspaper looks bad.,
Small finches? Nice! Don’t like the loud birds. This time of year I have painted buntings at my feeders. The most beautiful local bird. Your aviary looks like a relaxing place to sit and read.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I’m thinking they have either game wardens or regular hunters in the surrounding woods culling Whitetail deer. Our area is full of deer, and they have really over populated the forested lands, and farms and back yards.
What do they then do with the meat that they culled. Make deer jerky and sell it?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Actually no dent in the pocket at all. If the trips are part of the curriculum then they cannot, by law, be charged for in excess of the university tuition fees we had to pay.

The only cost is food. The student would have to feed themselves if on campus, so this is not unreasonable. For those from very low income families, there was access to grants to cover this.
Oh that is fantastic.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Evening all..

Since my kayaking event was cut very short this morning, I managed to get a few other tasks done. Hooked up with a person who bought an old DogLoo that I had purchased (used) a few years back for Sullys outside play area. So, CraigsList was good for me - sold!

With temps in low 70’s here today, and nice breezes, I was able to get more house trim painted, specifically around the garage.
Not many outdoor painting days left :-(

As i passed my confused fig trees who don’t know if they should be getting ready for Winter or Spring, I noticed one nice dark looking fig. Later on, I went back to inspect that fig, and lo and behold, it’s a “Black Madeira” - one that I started from a cutting sent to me from the University of California Davis Campus Agricultural Dept. Long story, but they collect and keep and preserve various strains there in their gardens and offer cuttings of the pure stock to growers once per year. I started this one maybe 5 years back.

Here’s the fig right from the tree

DE2B138C-1FB2-4424-AFFD-593F515A0DBF.jpeg

Cut and Ready to Eat With a Wedge of Cheese

B6C56E67-4998-4567-852B-4BC80F607BE6.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good afternoon all. I did drive to yoga but had a problem getting home as some idiots double parked blocking us in to our parking spaces. We were hanging round for 45 minutes until they turned up and shame-faced moved their cars [emoji35]

View from the drivers seat of mine
View attachment 255854
How very frustrating. I would have been so mad. And given them a good talking to.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Oli is stroppy teenager. He does what he pleases [emoji849] Hopefully he will grow up eventually and behave for you. He knows exactly which buttons to push to upset you! He is very naughty!

JoesDad is doing well thank you. He is enjoying being a contractor rather than employee which means he can take time off when he chooses now!
Glad to know you're all well.

Oh yes, my dear friend, Oli is definitely being naughty. Am I to punish hm? ;)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Glad to know you're all well.

Oh yes, my dear friend, Oli is definitely being naughty. Am I to punish hm? ;)
Knowing you Gillian, the answer is no. You will sigh, maybe mutter a little under your breath, and wait for him to decide he is going to behave himself :D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Evening all..

Since my kayaking event was cut very short this morning, I managed to get a few other tasks done. Hooked up with a person who bought an old DogLoo that I had purchased (used) a few years back for Sullys outside play area. So, CraigsList was good for me - sold!

With temps in low 70’s here today, and nice breezes, I was able to get more house trim painted, specifically around the garage.

As i passed my confused fig trees who don’t know if they should be getting ready for Winter or Spring, I noticed one nice dark looking fig. Later on, I went back to inspect that fig, and lo and behold, it’s a “Black Madeira” - one that I started from a cutting sent to me from the University of California Davis Campus Agricultural Dept. Long story, but they collect and keep and preserve various strains there in their gardens and offer cuttings of the pure stock to growers once per year. I started this one maybe 5 years back.

View attachment 255884

View attachment 255885
Now you have gone and made me hungry.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Knowing you Gillian, the answer is no. You will sigh, maybe mutter a little under your breath, and wait for him to decide he is going to behave himself :D
Somewhat true, however if I lose my temper......he's in for real trouble. :D;) I'd stop offering him lettuce - his favourite. I'd stop taking him out for "walks." :p:)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Evening all..

View attachment 255884

View attachment 255885

So jealous, that looks delicious!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is the aviary WITH the birds in it.
I've made a system so that Kelly will be able to roll out and cut paper for the bottom. If only because newspaper looks bad.
Its construction paper.
3 by about 125 feet. $10.

View attachment 255869 View attachment 255870
I used sawdust on the floor of my bird flight. About once a week I'd go inside and stir it around, picking up the obvious clumps. Corn cobb bedding works good too. For your flight, you would have to line the bottom of the walls about a foot up to keep the litter inside.