COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I secretly lurk here sometimes... sorry, I am not so good with social things.

But I am glad I did, cause now I know Sabine is not doing so well and JoesMum is flying to America. I see Adam from time to time around. Hope everyone is well!! Or a least stays strong... And I wish JoesMum could bring back some Tortoises from Tom. Lol

I am no good in participating. For which I apologize...

But, I also wanted to tell you that I got gifted a little Horsfield Tortoise by my husband. Cause my Tortoises keep me going with what is going on in our life.
Life isn't always pretty, but our Tortoises are, lol!!!

@Bee62 thinking of you... lots of love

Welcome to the Cold Dark Rooms, I cannot remember if we have introduced you to the way we do things and or greet all new comers, so bare with me if we already have.

Pull up an armadillo and I am sure that Montgomery will be around with a beverage of your choice unless you need the hard stuff, in which case you will need to look for the one legged pirate and see what he has available for you. It is quite dark in here so if you need a little light then please poke a jellyfish and they will light your way for a short while. Be careful of the penguins Willy and Silly they are Sabine's pets and she is rather protective over them. Also watch where you step, as I believe it can be very painful if you step on one of the hedgehogs in these rooms. There are lots of woolen accessories and or garments in corner 7 (I think Linda - JoesMum said) which apparently have been knitted by the Woolen Spider - if she exists - they might come in handy when it gets very cold in here depending on which corner you are visiting. If you visit my corner - more to the south - then it will be warmer than it is in the northern corners etc.

If your carrots start to go missing in your corner that would be the snow leopard, as that is what she likes to eat. If you see a Meerkat then please do let the rest of us know as they are the bane of our lives here in the CDR. They really like to mess around with the smooth running of the CDR and cause no end of problems when they decide that they want to liven things up a bit.

We talk torts, lizards, grass, weather, nonsense, books, dinosaurs, fossils, you name it we talk it in here. We are a bunch of fun, pun loving people from all sorts of corners of the world. And I know that we have met before outside of the CDR rooms, but I am going to say it anyway, I am Carol from Cape Town South Africa.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I secretly lurk here sometimes... sorry, I am not so good with social things.

But I am glad I did, cause now I know Sabine is not doing so well and JoesMum is flying to America. I see Adam from time to time around. Hope everyone is well!! Or a least stays strong... And I wish JoesMum could bring back some Tortoises from Tom. Lol

I am no good in participating. For which I apologize...

But, I also wanted to tell you that I got gifted a little Horsfield Tortoise by my husband. Cause my Tortoises keep me going with what is going on in our life.
Life isn't always pretty, but our Tortoises are, lol!!!

@Bee62 thinking of you... lots of love
Please share a pic of your new little addition to your family. We love sharing the special moments and travels here with each other.

N

no one

Thank you Carol!!
I know how painfull Hedgehogs can be, I have two African Pygmy Hedgehogs myself. Haha!! I find there needles in my clothes sometimes.
I do like penguins and I am learning to hook with a needle at the moment, so I will be fine I guess... maybe the Woolen spider can teach me. Lol

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Thank you Carol!!
I know how painfull Hedgehogs can be, I have two African Pygmy Hedgehogs myself. Haha!! I find there needles in my clothes sometimes.
I do like penguins and I am learning to hook with a needle at the moment, so I will be fine I guess... maybe the Woolen spider can teach me. Lol
That is if she exists. I think I have seen your little hedgehogs. But just in case could we get a picture. I think they are such adorable little things. Unless of course you get one of their quills stuck in you. Then maybe not so adorable after all.

Bee62

Germany
I received a parcel from the absolutely incredible Sabine today. @Bee62 . :<3:
WOW ! ! ! ! ! !
It weighed about 10 kg, nearly killed me getting it back from the Post office. (not that I'm complaining)
Here is the empty bow as I emptied it too quickly for wifey to get a photo of it full.
View attachment 256516
And my first Christmas card of the year.
View attachment 256517
Sweeties - yummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyy. But these will be saved til Christmas. :)
View attachment 256518
Lots of lovely, delicious and most welcome goodies : English Breakfast Tea, Marmalade (which we've run out of, that's for Christmas) Killer Coffee, Two tins of German sausage meat, (also Christmas) cigarettes (Christmas) and a shed load of throat sweets for after the cigarettes. And two containers of Tidgy Treats (big one for Christmas)
View attachment 256519
Close up of the really exciting coffee.
View attachment 256520
And last, but by no means least, absolutely tons and tons of cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
And Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 256521
Already started on the Limburger!
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks a million billion trillion, Sabine, I love all this so, so much. :<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3:
I m a very lucky and very spoiled brat.
Dear Adam, I am glad that you finally got the parcel. I hope so much that you and wifey like the things. It was a great pleasure for me to send you all these things.
Btw.: Take a look into your Christmas Card please. There is another little surprise.:)

Bee62

Germany
Hello my friends. I am alive !:D
The leg is still hurting and I can`t work but I am doing better.
I am missing you all. I will try to use my laptop to pop in here. Sitting on a chair in front of my PC hurts too much in my leg.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hello my friends. I am alive !:D
The leg is still hurting and I can`t work but I am doing better.
I am missing you all. I will try to use my laptop to pop in here. Sitting on a chair in front of my PC hurts too much in my leg.

Take care of that leg - Ma and Mo and CDR need you healthy!

Last edited: