COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I have one too. It flowered continuously for 2 years and has taken a break for most of this year.

A couple of weeks ago a new flower shoot started to appear :)
View attachment 258338
I only have one, which has not flowered for the past year. So I moved it down to the warehouse which is colder at my work and it is now growing new roots etc. So maybe it will flower at some point as well.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Roommiiiiiieeeeessssss!!! I have BIG news!!!!

No, I’m not getting a tortoise (yet), but...

I received my TORTOISE gift!!!!

It feels hard and heavy. I have no idea who it is from. ;)

View attachment 258339

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woooohooooo. I wonder who it is from as well. Oh the excitement of Christmas is starting. Makes me want to put up our Christmas tree already.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
And A good Wednesday - Hump day everyone.
I am at work - so let the day begin. Here is to wishing you all have a day filled with good fun and games.View attachment 258329

We have a few trees near us that are pruned by the local electric/phone companies around the wires like yours. Must be some rule to only trim back the bits that might impact the transmission line, forget what the tree looks like, or what the homeowner thinks! Makes for some interesting shapes.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Good luck. But it sounds like you have things well in hand.
For the most part... My furry Dragon was darting around like a banshee the whole time we were trying to move the plants inside. Then he darted OUTSIDE. My significant other apprehended him and put him in jail for the rest of the orchid moving exercise. Naughty Dragon!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
We have a few trees near us that are pruned by the local electric/phone companies around the wires like yours. Must be some rule to only trim back the bits that might impact the transmission line, forget what the tree looks like, or what the homeowner thinks! Makes for some interesting shapes.
Same here. I think in some areas they've been trying to replace trees they've had to remove with trees that don't grow as tall.

For large oaks, however, removal and replacement are not viable options.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
For the most part... My furry Dragon was darting around like a banshee the whole time we were trying to move the plants inside. Then he darted OUTSIDE. My significant other apprehended him and put him in jail for the rest of the orchid moving exercise. Naughty Dragon!

Welcome to the club....running ahead of Jack Frost! I have all of our potted fig trees and elephant ear plants, one hibiscus...all safely tucked out of Frost’s harm.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
I have one too. It flowered continuously for 2 years and has taken a break for most of this year.

A couple of weeks ago a new flower shoot started to appear :)
View attachment 258338
Your orchid is in much better shape than mine. The ones that came in from the porch last night are quite ratty and tattered at the moment.

I will try to get some pictures, though.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yes it does. The wind also plays a role in the shape of the trees in my picture.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
LOL

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
On the indoor flowering plants “theme” - is anyone else’s Christmas Cactus getting ready to bloom? Our old stand by plant must have 100 or buds now developing, some lobes with three individual buds, most with two.

Once the temps cool, and the nights are long and dark, this plant knows what to do.