COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
19c706155cb703668cd9c95d9e4c7d6c.jpg

Good evening friends. It`s Friday again. Yaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy !
I wish you all a supa-dupa-extraordinary weekend.:D

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
The militant Vegan activists that don’t do themselves any favours by doing things like protesting a Peppa Pig kids show and scaring the kids (it happened here in Kent) and writing to the council of Wool in Dorset suggesting the village change its name to highlight animal exploitation

Didn’t know they tried to release Peppa Pig into the wild. Must’ve been boared to death :rolleyes: I thought it was a US thing, but stupidity knows no borders

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

Don’t understand this completely, but this reminded me of one of the most bizarre conversations in my life.

I was frequenting a Turkish restaurant in Queens, NY.
After seeing me a few times, the waitress: “Excuse me, are you Bulgarian?”
Me: “No, I am Russian.”
The waitress: “Oh, I thought you looked German.”

—————

I still don’t know what that was! [emoji85][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Don’t understand this completely, but this reminded me of one of the most bizarre conversations in my life.

—————

That is cute!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I sent mine way early to try and make sure that it gets there on time.[emoji3] [emoji3]

I just couldn’t stand to hold it any longer... I think it will be on time though:) If we were to have a virtual Christmas Tree here in the CDR, I would be adding a popcorn streamer today. I would poke the Jellyfish often so that our tree would shine so bright!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Calendars... https://wtop.com/national/2018/11/f...r-booze-cheese/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

NEW YORK (AP) — Advent calendars are hitting the bottle.

The cardboard calendars, typically filled with chocolates, are now being stuffed with cans of beer and bottles of wine. Others have chunks of cheese behind each door.

They’re meant to appeal to nostalgic adults who want to count the days till Christmas with something other than sweets. They’re sold for a limited time, get major social media buzz and tend to sell out quickly.

Many are available in the United States for the first time this year after gaining popularity during the past few holiday seasons in Europe. German grocer Aldi, for instance, says it brought its wine advent calendar to its U.S. stores after selling it in the United Kingdom last year. It also introduced a new cheese one.

Cheese n Wine = CDR

Appeals to me:)))

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I like to watch YouTube videos while I'm on the treadmill.

I do too!!! Except My WiFi sucks so I’m constantly watching the loading symbol.. perks of living in the sticks [emoji848]. I have found that the CDR helps me get through it and sometimes I look down and I’ve burned a few extra calories[emoji16]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

—————

That's pretty funny!

I don't get the one shown by Bee62 either, but maybe that's the point????

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Interesting.

Crossing fingers is for good luck here.

I am not aware of a holding thumbs tradition in the UK.
We do have a twiddling thumbs expression - it's actually a real activity, just not a useful one for much of anything except passing time... I guess passing time is better than passing gas? Unless we're talking about fuel? ;) :rolleyes:

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Didn’t know they tried to release Peppa Pig into the wild. Must’ve been boared to death :rolleyes: I thought it was a US thing, but stupidity knows no borders
This extremist group does stupid on an international scale. They actually wanted animals to be infected with foot-and-mouth disease (FMD), wanted the disease to do as much damage as possible. In the very midst of what was going on in the UK in 2001.