COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I do too!!! Except My WiFi sucks so I’m constantly watching the loading symbol.. perks of living in the sticks [emoji848]. I have found that the CDR helps me get through it and sometimes I look down and I’ve burned a few extra calories[emoji16]
Nothing like taking your mind off actually doing exercise. Makes it so much more fun.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
We do have a twiddling thumbs expression - it's actually a real activity, just not a useful one for much of anything except passing time... I guess passing time is better than passing gas? Unless we're talking about fuel? ;) :rolleyes:
But isn't it burning gas when referring to fuel. Although with teenage boys they may not be referring to fuel either.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Mornooning all.
Back from our function. It was fun. Good company, lots of drinking and laughing and lots of dancing. Now we are back and I am lying in bed winding down and listening to The sound of silence by disturbed on you tube. I love this version of the song. I actually think it is better than the original version. And I don't think that that happens often.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Don’t understand this completely, but this reminded me of one of the most bizarre conversations in my life.

I was frequenting a Turkish restaurant in Queens, NY.
After seeing me a few times, the waitress: “Excuse me, are you Bulgarian?”
Me: “No, I am Russian.”
The waitress: “Oh, I thought you looked German.”

—————

I still don’t know what that was! [emoji85][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

We were in restaurant on the Scottish island of Orkney when a Japanese lady at the next table asked us where we were from.

We replied “London” (It’s easier to explain)

She and her non-English speaking husband were surprised.

Apparently we look Swedish or German. “You are so tall she said to me” (I’m 5’10”)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
We were in restaurant on the Scottish island of Orkney when a Japanese lady at the next table asked us where we were from.

We replied “London” (It’s easier to explain)

She and her non-English speaking husband were surprised.

Apparently we look Swedish or German. “You are so tall she said to me” (I’m 5’10”)
[emoji23] [emoji23] . So where do short people come from?