COLD DARK ROOM

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
That sounds yummy! I'd have to leave out the tomatoes as I don't eat any kinds of seeds, but I think I'll give it a try next time I go the the store. Do you use the refried beans instead of the black beans or both?

I have used both. I like the substance with the refried beans because soup isn’t really filling.
I shop at Stater Bros and they have the shredded chicken already to eat so it’s simple.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
A bunch of crazies that do more harm for animals than good. Owning a pet is animal cruelty to them and would rather have an animal die than be captive. Major extremists.
And on a domestic terrorism watch list a while back, or something close to it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Then you just say SNAP and move on ;) How’s your day looking, Yvonne? Hope no major winds after all.
It was breezy, but no thunder and lightning as was predicted. Just rain all day. Sun is shining today, so hopefully I'll rake up some leaves to cover the box turtles and the tortoises' hibernating places.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I mostly think in English. But if I kick myself hard into the Russian mode... we hold thumbs to show you’ve done well... We cross fingers if we’re lying but don’t want the Powers Above to punish us (and I don’t mean FSB)... We might be holding fists — in case you need extra help getting there... But overall I forgot. Too many years of international living.
Interesting.

Crossing fingers is for good luck here.

I am not aware of a holding thumbs tradition in the UK.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A quick postcard from me before I sign off too. Here’s our Christmas train:

View attachment 258531
This is what happens on our busy main drag during Christmas time:

Photo_20Sep_2029__2012_2002_2046_20PM_20_1_.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
My daughter has been suffering with a painful shoulder/neck for a couple years. After many visits to a chiropractor and her regular doctor and no relief from the pain her doctor finally set her up with some sort of scan (don't remember the name-cat, MRI?) The scan shows smushed jelly-like stuff between a couple of the discs. (scientific terminology) But her pain or disability isn't bad enough for them to do anything about it. I think it means surgery whenever it gets bad enough.

That’s what happened in my lower back. Two prolapses. I couldn’t walk so went under the knife.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Over here crossing fingers is more a case of what I am telling you is not true. In other words I will cross my fingers behind my back while telling you that I am going to share my chocolate with you as soon as I get some.[emoji6]

More like Lena’s Russian version.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Who is PETA?

The militant Vegan activists that don’t do themselves any favours by doing things like protesting a Peppa Pig kids show and scaring the kids (it happened here in Kent) and writing to the council of Wool in Dorset suggesting the village change its name to highlight animal exploitation