COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
Danced a little. Can't do too much because of neck and arm. And drank too much. But it was good fun. [emoji3]

Sounds like a Danish Christmas lunch, which is called “lunch” because it starts around lunchtime and can last until anywhere between midnight and breakfast next day. Husband is going to one soon. [emoji33]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I am a early bird today. Which will probably mean that I will be crashing early this afternoon sometime. Thank goodness it is weekend. I can take an afternoon nap. And to say hello here is Rue enjoying her hibiscus flower. In the second picture she looks like she is in heaven. [emoji23] [emoji23] View attachment 258559View attachment 258560

Lucky Rue! She’s gorgeous! And so is her breakfast [emoji23]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Another of my “German” moments also happened in the US.

Two Russian friends and myself were waiting in line in Walmart. A man heard us talking (in Russian) and came over excitedly:

“Hey! How cool, I also studied some German in high school!”

He looked so happy to have heard some “German” that we couldn’t break it to him. [emoji85][emoji23][emoji23]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Another of my “German” moments also happened in the US.

Two Russian friends and myself were waiting in line in Walmart. A man heard us talking (in Russian) and came over excitedly:

“Hey! How cool, I also studied some German in high school!”

He looked so happy to have heard some “German” that we couldn’t break it to him. [emoji85][emoji23][emoji23]
Lol. But can you imagine the face?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all. JoesDad is suffering from the morning after the night before :D I am fine having taken more care with my alcoholic intake. It has been a slow start to today after the last night's late night.

We had very heavy rain when we got up, but it is improving now. This is just as well as we are off to Twickenham later to watch the rugbby: Barbarians v Argentina.

The Barbarians is a weird side. They're a "club" side where team members are invited international players from any nation. They only ever play matches against full international teams. Needless to say, the actual team members changes at every match. Their kit is black and white, but the players always wear the socks of their home club team (not their international team).

There's an unwritten rule in Barbarians matches that penalties are never kicked. Teams will always try to run the ball over the line for a try instead. This makes for exhilarating matches. It should be a good afternoon :)

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
And it's December 1st so I think Noddy Holder of Slade should start things off
I ain't ready for Christmas yet. Thankfully my wife takes it upon herself to do 90% of the Christmas shopping. Otherwise no one would be getting squat! I abhor shopping.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning all. JoesDad is suffering from the morning after the night before :D I am fine having taken more care with my alcoholic intake. It has been a slow start to today after the last night's late night.

We had very heavy rain when we got up, but it is improving now. This is just as well as we are off to Twickenham later to watch the rugbby: Barbarians v Argentina.

The Barbarians is a weird side. They're a "club" side where team members are invited international players from any nation. They only ever play matches against full international teams. Needless to say, the actual team members changes at every match. Their kit is black and white, but the players always wear the socks of their home club team (not their international team).

There's an unwritten rule in Barbarians matches that penalties are never kicked. Teams will always try to run the ball over the line for a try instead. This makes for exhilarating matches. It should be a good afternoon :)

Very interesting - I like the thinking behind the BARBARIANS!

Bee62

Germany
Don’t understand this completely, but this reminded me of one of the most bizarre conversations in my life.

I was frequenting a Turkish restaurant in Queens, NY.
After seeing me a few times, the waitress: “Excuse me, are you Bulgarian?”
Me: “No, I am Russian.”
The waitress: “Oh, I thought you looked German.”

—————

I still don’t know what that was! [emoji85][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I neither know what this waitress was thinking.:confused::confused:
What I`ve posted is really not easy to understand for a native English speaker.
It means:
Are you German ?
Did I look so ?
You`re speaking like a German.
Yes, I am a genuine German.

Only a little joke that German`s often use the false words to express/ say something.

Bee62

Germany
You too Sabine. How are you feeling lately. Are you better now?
Hello Carol. I feel better. Thank you for asking.:) But .....
051581ffd484a03eb831fdb22dff5f47.jpg