COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Day 10 finds us back in Lebanon

Sfouf

Sfouf is a Lebanese semolina and turmeric cake. Turmeric is a favorite spice for many. It has antioxidant properties and it tastes great. There are several variations of this cake, including using rose or orange blossom water, anise seed and more.

E50FE822-CFF9-4574-819D-FD93DB827685.jpeg

Ingredients

• 2 cups semolina
• 1 cup flour plus 1 tablespoon
• 1 tablespoon turmeric (you can adjust more or less according to your taste)
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 cup salted butter, melted
• 1 cup sugar, plus 3 tablespoons
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 cup slivered almonds or pine nuts

Steps to Make It

1. Gather the ingredients.
2. Preheat oven to 350.
3. In a mixing bowl combine semolina, flour, turmeric and baking powder. Stir to combine well.
4. In a separate bowl combine butter, sugar, milk, and water. Add to dry ingredients and stir to make a paste.
5. Pour batter into greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes and serve with your favorite coffee or tea.

Enjoy - Happy Holidays

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
A quick Good Wednesday everyone. I hope it is a good one.
I was so proud of Jarrod last night. He walked away with 9 awards starting with 1st in the grade. His speech went well, he just has to learn how to project his voice because he spoke so softly that most people did not hear him. I feel like taking the credit for him getting all his awards but the truth is that it was all him. This morning the grade 7 parents attend the last assembly and walk the grades 7's out of the hall. Then school is finished and they start high school next year.
Until later everyone.
P.s. thank you so so much everyone for participating in the story. I have tremendously enjoyed every little bit added and am impressed with just how many talented writers we have.
If you guys have no objections I would like to post the story in it's own thread once it is done as a gift to the rest of TFO from the Cold Dark Rooms.

That is awesome about your son.. it’s such a wonderful feeling to see your children not only flourishing but excelling at life!!

I think posting the Christmas story is a wonderful idea! I am anxiously watching for the next chapter!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good mornooning, roommates! I couldn’t log on to the forum last night, and of course this morning I find the culprits by the Christmas tree that Heather brought:

View attachment 259420

Are these yours, @EllieMay? Have they been taking lessons from the evil meerkats? [emoji33]

Just FYI — In case TFO is down, we have a Chilly Dim Chamber over at GeckoTalk, though that didn’t open for me either.

Ohhh my naughty babies!!! They must be acting out over my busy schedule again.. I don’t know where they picked up the third musketeer but I hope they loose him before they get back home.. I don’t believe hubby could stand it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good mornooning all!

Day 12 brings Frosty the Snowman

And thank you Bea @Moozillion for my Christmas card :) x

I have an hour to find the story and add my bit before I head to my osteopath for a maintenance visit!

Frosty is just one of my all time favorites!! You have brightened my morning!!

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
A quick Good Wednesday everyone. I hope it is a good one.
I was so proud of Jarrod last night. He walked away with 9 awards starting with 1st in the grade. His speech went well, he just has to learn how to project his voice because he spoke so softly that most people did not hear him. I feel like taking the credit for him getting all his awards but the truth is that it was all him. This morning the grade 7 parents attend the last assembly and walk the grades 7's out of the hall. Then school is finished and they start high school next year.
Until later everyone.
P.s. thank you so so much everyone for participating in the story. I have tremendously enjoyed every little bit added and am impressed with just how many talented writers we have.
If you guys have no objections I would like to post the story in it's own thread once it is done as a gift to the rest of TFO from the Cold Dark Rooms.
I think that would be a great idea!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
That is awesome about your son.. it’s such a wonderful feeling to see your children not only flourishing but excelling at life!!

I think posting the Christmas story is a wonderful idea! I am anxiously watching for the next chapter!!

Congrats to your son!!!

I can’t wait to read it too!!
I think we have quite a few more that need to contribute.