COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Maybe I should have had Lena's second cup of coffee this morning, instead of starting on the hot tea. I think I may have lost count of the number of cups of tea I've had.
I have lost count of the cups of tea I have drunk today too... fortunately it was decaf!:D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I don`t want to seem conceited but I not only sing, I write short stories and books too....:oops::oops::oops:
For Christmas I wrote this year a little story for TFO and the CDR.
It`s name is: "The Christmas tortoise".
I will put the story online on December, 23. 2018......:):):):)
Can't wait to read it.[emoji3]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I began to carefully sweep away layers of dust... as I did, I got this feeling... almost like I was sweeping away all my troubles. My heart felt lighter than it had in some time. One particular object was so dirty that I couldn’t make out what it was right off the bat. As the grime started to fly away, I realized it was a snow globe. It was beautifully anchored on a bronze base with delicate floral tooling etched all the way around. Something pulled at my heart. I picked it up, mesmerized it seemed, and tilted it down and up again. As I watched the snow fall, it seemed a strange glow began. There was a tiny ramshackle looking shed in the globe. It looked as if it was growing larger... or maybe closer before my very eyes....
No, it wasn’t growing larger I was smaller!
The ground beneath me was soft but not cold. I could still see the glow inside the shed so I walked closer and slowly entered and I could not believe my eyes!
I saw hundreds of little people busy working and singing! It was a very warm magical place! As I walked in slowly a cute little lady handed me a tool belt and a hot drink which turned out to be a delightful hot toddy...

I nominate Mark!!
@Maro2Bear
[emoji3] [emoji3] love it.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I hate it when I have an appointment. I'm so worried about being late that I get ready early. So my appointment is 10:30a, it's now 8:21a. I've showered, fixed my hair, dressed and I'm all ready to go. It will take me about 20 minutes to get there, so I'll leave about 10a. My morning is shot. I wish I were one of those people that time didn't matter and being punctual didn't matter.

I love our Christmas story. You all are so talented.
Rather early than late. And I adore our story.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I know how individual results will vary, and each individual turtle will grow at its own pace... but the difference in growth rates of my mud turtle hatchlings still amazes me. They are kept separate, but have been subjected to the same environmental conditions.

This is Bold on the left, and Pinstripe on the right. You wouldn't believe they started out the same size, just a few months ago (August 2018).

View attachment 259387
Yip. I found the same thing with mine.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
A quick Good Wednesday everyone. I hope it is a good one.
I was so proud of Jarrod last night. He walked away with 9 awards starting with 1st in the grade. His speech went well, he just has to learn how to project his voice because he spoke so softly that most people did not hear him. I feel like taking the credit for him getting all his awards but the truth is that it was all him. This morning the grade 7 parents attend the last assembly and walk the grades 7's out of the hall. Then school is finished and they start high school next year.
Until later everyone.
P.s. thank you so so much everyone for participating in the story. I have tremendously enjoyed every little bit added and am impressed with just how many talented writers we have.
If you guys have no objections I would like to post the story in it's own thread once it is done as a gift to the rest of TFO from the Cold Dark Rooms.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I don`t want to seem conceited but I not only sing, I write short stories and books too....:oops::oops::oops:
For Christmas I wrote this year a little story for TFO and the CDR.
It`s name is: "The Christmas tortoise".
I will put the story online on December, 23. 2018......:):):):)

Looking forward to it! I do remember the short story about a tortoise and a butterfly. [emoji173]️