COLD DARK ROOM

Pastel Tortie

Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
Nice that Washington DC has time to debate the ins and outs of hedgehog ownership..

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...ftRwxQJ811ZzR4&_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DCBrand
I'm not familiar with the last couple decades of internal D.C. politics, but it's possible the original reason for the hedgehog ban there was based at least somewhat on a disease issue. Hedgehogs are susceptible to foot-and-mouth disease (FMD). So are tenrecs (related to hedgehogs) armadillos, among others.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I began to carefully sweep away layers of dust... as I did, I got this feeling... almost like I was sweeping away all my troubles. My heart felt lighter than it had in some time. One particular object was so dirty that I couldn’t make out what it was right off the bat. As the grime started to fly away, I realized it was a snow globe. It was beautifully anchored on a bronze base with delicate floral tooling etched all the way around. Something pulled at my heart. I picked it up, mesmerized it seemed, and tilted it down and up again. As I watched the snow fall, it seemed a strange glow began. There was a tiny ramshackle looking shed in the globe. It looked as if it was growing larger... or maybe closer before my very eyes....
No, it wasn’t growing larger I was smaller!
The ground beneath me was soft but not cold. I could still see the glow inside the shed so I walked closer and slowly entered and I could not believe my eyes!
I saw hundreds of little people busy working and singing! It was a very warm magical place! As I walked in slowly a cute little lady handed me a tool belt and a hot drink which turned out to be a delightful hot toddy...

I nominate Mark!!
@Maro2Bear

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
I don`t want to seem conceited but I not only sing, I write short stories and books too....:oops::oops::oops:
For Christmas I wrote this year a little story for TFO and the CDR.
It`s name is: "The Christmas tortoise".
I will put the story online on December, 23. 2018......:):):):)
Can’t wait to read this.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
From @Momof4

I began to carefully sweep away layers of dust... as I did, I got this feeling... almost like I was sweeping away all my troubles. My heart felt lighter than it had in some time. One particular object was so dirty that I couldn’t make out what it was right off the bat. As the grime started to fly away, I realized it was a snow globe. It was beautifully anchored on a bronze base with delicate floral tooling etched all the way around. Something pulled at my heart. I picked it up, mesmerized it seemed, and tilted it down and up again. As I watched the snow fall, it seemed a strange glow began. There was a tiny ramshackle looking shed in the globe. It looked as if it was growing larger... or maybe closer before my very eyes....
No, it wasn’t growing larger I was smaller!
The ground beneath me was soft but not cold. I could still see the glow inside the shed so I walked closer and slowly entered and I could not believe my eyes!
I saw hundreds of little people busy working and singing! It was a very warm magical place! As I walked in slowly a cute little lady handed me a tool belt and a hot drink which turned out to be a delightful hot toddy...

The warm toddy worked its’ way through my body. The aromatic spices and herbs filled my senses, and the Ballmoral Malt Whiskey eased my apprehensions. Suddenly the blocks of wood became live, the “little people” gazed out the frosty windows, and the birds, sheep, camels, oxen, and horses in the bright green pastures were dancing. A bonfire was glowing, the stars, moon and sun could all be seen. Day was night, and night became day. Was it a dream or a new reality.

And off to @Pastel Tortie

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
A lot of electronic hugs from me to you, Bea. I am so sorry for your loss. Your father is now resting in eternal peace.
Take care of you that your family conflicts don`t burden you too much. Come to the CDR whenever you need some friends to talk with.:):<3:
Thank you, Sabine!:):<3:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I hate it when I have an appointment. I'm so worried about being late that I get ready early. So my appointment is 10:30a, it's now 8:21a. I've showered, fixed my hair, dressed and I'm all ready to go. It will take me about 20 minutes to get there, so I'll leave about 10a. My morning is shot. I wish I were one of those people that time didn't matter and being punctual didn't matter.

I love our Christmas story. You all are so talented.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
I know how individual results will vary, and each individual turtle will grow at its own pace... but the difference in growth rates of my mud turtle hatchlings still amazes me. They are kept separate, but have been subjected to the same environmental conditions.

This is Bold on the left, and Pinstripe on the right. You wouldn't believe they started out the same size, just a few months ago (August 2018).

WP_20181210_21_55_07_Pro.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning everyone.

I just popped in to feed the homework hound. I have two more meetings next week... so that will be a treat for next week :/

Next on my agenda is preparing for a trip north for my Mum's and lunch for 9 on Sunday. The weather forecast is for snow on Saturday up there just to make life interesting...

Hopefully I'll find the story in the morning and be able to add to it.