COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
I gave in to temptation... Drinking my second coffee today. In my defense, it goes almost as well as gløgg (mulled wine) does with a traditional Christmas dessert, æbleskiver - a sort of spherical pancakes usually served with powdered sugar and some jam.

IMG_8848.jpg

I’ll write my bit of the story soon, I promise. It’s a busy day (some work came, on top of other things), but it’s probably nothing compared to what my Friday and Saturday have in store...

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I gave in to temptation... Drinking my second coffee today. In my defense, it goes almost as well as gløgg (mulled wine) does with a traditional Christmas dessert, æbleskiver - a sort of spherical pancakes usually served with powdered sugar and some jam.

View attachment 259486

I’ll write my bit of the story soon, I promise. It’s a busy day (some work came, on top of other things), but it’s probably nothing compared to what my Friday and Saturday have in store...

Yummy!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Too cute!! All three of you. Which gives me an idea... Heather, are you a mere-ferret by any chance?? [emoji33]

I was hoping that they had influenced my presentation a little.. no one is at their best before a full cup of coffee:)
&

There is nothing “mere” about the ferret in me, Lena!![emoji23][emoji23]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Finally put up my cards!!
My family loves to see cards from around the world!

I still have two CDR’s to post! They got left behind by accident.

View attachment 259488
I love the snowman grouping on the left. What are they made out of?

(That's a strange place for an electrical outlet???)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

View attachment 259486

Well the breakfast is a good start and probably the 2nd cup of coffee too. We can’t be super hero’s all the time:)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I love the snowman grouping on the left. What are they made out of?

(That's a strange place for an electrical outlet???)

That outlet has us puzzled too! There’s another one on the other side of the fire place. We hid the other with Mickey.
IMG_1544714581.614197.jpg

These are “snow buddies.”
In elementary school the 1st graders get an “older buddy” throughout the year who is a 4th grader and parents donate 2x4’s, socks and material for scarves.
They paint and dress them together.
They are my favorite!! I use to volunteer for this activity because it’s so fun. The parents had to work the hot glue gun.
IMG_1544714529.785675.jpg

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Ooohhh.. a story unfolding !!!

Growing up I was told I was Irish, English and German with some Cherokee Indian. We will see!

I also have a 1/2 brother I’ve never met. My parents were 19 when they had me. Well, my dad was 21.
When they divorced a couple years later they were still friends because my dad was friends with my moms brothers and sisters so they still hung out.
There was one girl in the group who wanted a baby and went after my uncle but he didn’t want a baby. Then, she was all over my dad. My mom warned him that she just wants a baby. He laughed at her and thought she was jealous.

Guess what!?! She got pregnant , had the boy and moved to Canada and my dad paid child support for 18 years while paying for mine too.
My dad has never mentioned this brother but my mom did.

I forgot his name but he has been on my mind since I was a kid. My mom passed away in 07 so I can’t ask her his name and I don’t want to upset my dad and bring it up. He has two grown sons that don’t know and I don’t want to stir things up. I did tell my dad that I was doing the DNA and he seemed ok.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
That outlet has us puzzled too! There’s another one on the other side of the fire place. We hid the other with Mickey.
View attachment 259490

These are “snow buddies.”
In elementary school the 1st graders get an “older buddy” throughout the year who is a 4th grader and parents donate 2x4’s, socks and material for scarves.
They paint and dress them together.
They are my favorite!! I use to volunteer for this activity because it’s so fun. The parents had to work the hot glue gun.
View attachment 259489

Too cool!!! Not only cute but encouraging!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Growing up I was told I was Irish, English and German with some Cherokee Indian. We will see!

I also have a 1/2 brother I’ve never met. My parents were 19 when they had me. Well, my dad was 21.
When they divorced a couple years later they were still friends because my dad was friends with my moms brothers and sisters so they still hung out.
There was one girl in the group who wanted a baby and went after my uncle but he didn’t want a baby. Then, she was all over my dad. My mom warned him that she just wants a baby. He laughed at her and thought she was jealous.

Guess what!?! She got pregnant , had the boy and moved to Canada and my dad paid child support for 18 years while paying for mine too.
My dad has never mentioned this brother but my mom did.

I forgot his name but he has been on my mind since I was a kid. My mom passed away in 07 so I can’t ask her his name and I don’t want to upset my dad and bring it up. He has two grown sons that don’t know and I don’t want to stir things up. I did tell my dad that I was doing the DNA and he seemed ok.

Wow!!! Well I wish you lots of luck on that hunt.. I am excited for you!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
They are so cute!! I bet they keep you so busy! What kind of enclosure do they have?

I love these guys so much.. they are like having a set of 2 yr old twins sometimes.. they have a 5ft, 3 level cage that they share. I swap out the “furniture” every week so they don’t get bored and they are allowed free roam of the Toy Room every morning and evening .. they drag out more stuff than my son does! George has a rubber chicken that is his absolute favorite. He will take it and hide it and then digs it out again and leaves it for me.. I never know where that thing will turn up! He also has a stuffed banana with a bell on it that he takes with him often. They have such personality!