COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Never be afraid to be choosy about your doctor.

Some years ago, my grandmother told me she always preferred to have a young doctor. The older doctors had more experience, but the younger ones were up to speed on the latest research and current technology. She always was an unconventional grandma. :rolleyes:
A smart one too it seems.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Here’s a quick update regarding yesterday’s carving adventure.

As you recall, we started off with this little innocuous piece of wood marked off into three sections.

View attachment 259807

And, after a few hours of carving while watching some football, we have this little guy.

View attachment 259808

Still needs the final touches...some eyes, a long pointy carrot nose, and a nice big grin. Then some paint, and we will have ourselves a nice little Snowman for the fireplace mantel.
Love this!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good mornooning, roommates!

Some work this morning, more picture taking at noon. I'm also trying to get 17 Speedy Gonzaleses to sign two Christmas cards for their teachers. Fantastic early morning workout.

As we're leaving for Turkey in a couple of days, we didn't get a 'real' Christmas tree this year, but I have this on daughter's piano:

IMG_8936-EFFECTS.jpg

And... I got a card from @Moozillion! It's such an exquisite kitty that I really want to stroke her fur!

IMG_8943.JPG

Thank you, Bea! (I do want some confetti inside next year, though :<3:;))
:<3::<3::<3:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Christmas decorations are now up. Here’s a picture of my Christmas cards. I always put them on the staircase and the door of the under-stair cupboard. This year TFO has exclusive use of the cupboard door :)
IMG_9165.jpg

And here’s the hearthIMG_1545128864.486009.jpg

And the tree
IMG_1545128937.515614.jpg

And “the tree” [emoji23]
IMG_1545128973.469599.jpg

We are fortunate our conservatory is heated and usable year round. I will take a photo one evening with candles lit as it looks very twinkly and pretty after dark:)

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
And today's joke is for the cat lovers out there in the CDR corners:

View attachment 259833
So funny! Around my house, both boxes would be occupied, with at least one other cat trying to oust one of the current occupants! :D

There would be at least one cat playing with the torn pieces of wrapping paper. They're indoor-only cats, so maybe holiday wrapping paper is their version of autumn leaves to pounce upon.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Christmas decorations are now up. Here’s a picture of my Christmas cards. I always put them on the staircase and the door of the under-stair cupboard. This year TFO has exclusive use of the cupboard door :)
View attachment 259834

And here’s the hearthView attachment 259835

And the tree
View attachment 259836

And “the tree” [emoji23]
View attachment 259837

We are fortunate our conservatory is heated and usable year round. I will take a photo one evening with candles lit as it looks very twinkly and pretty after dark:)
Beautiful decorations! That last one, though... It's beginning to look a lot like Florida... :p Home of the palm trees wrapped in Christmas lights! :D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
View attachment 259834

And here’s the hearthView attachment 259835

And the tree
View attachment 259836

And “the tree” [emoji23]
View attachment 259837

Love your tree or trees I should say!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
So funny! Around my house, both boxes would be occupied, with at least one other cat trying to oust one of the current occupants! :D

There would be at least one cat playing with the torn pieces of wrapping paper. They're indoor-only cats, so maybe holiday wrapping paper is their version of autumn leaves to pounce upon.
:D