COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Here’s a quick update regarding yesterday’s carving adventure.

As you recall, we started off with this little innocuous piece of wood marked off into three sections.

71A99801-C5CF-4920-BE85-C3A2C11DF116.jpeg

And, after a few hours of carving while watching some football, we have this little guy.

0A8F7701-4087-4D4B-BB1C-F061C4E9D9A6.jpeg

Still needs the final touches...some eyes, a long pointy carrot nose, and a nice big grin. Then some paint, and we will have ourselves a nice little Snowman for the fireplace mantel.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

As you recall, we started off with this little innocuous piece of wood marked off into three sections.

View attachment 259807

And, after a few hours of carving while watching some football, we have this little guy.

View attachment 259808

Still needs the final touches...some eyes, a long pointy carrot nose, and a nice big grin. Then some paint, and we will have ourselves a nice little Snowman for the fireplace mantel.
Awww :)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

View attachment 259807

View attachment 259808

So jealous of your creativity!!
I can’t even draw a stick figure!
IMG_3248.jpg

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio

View attachment 259807

View attachment 259808

Wish I was that talented. I do make things but have not tried carving.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

View attachment 259807

View attachment 259808

Really cool!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
I would love to be able to have one of these:

View attachment 259783

Can you imagine? Those leaves are about five or six feet across! Only thing is, they need a swampy area to grow in. I don't have anyplace on my property where I can have water running often enough to keep this giant watered. My sister has a giant rhubarb in her front yard, but then, she lives in Oregon, where people don't tan, they rust.
Is that what that plant is? A giant rhubarb? I don't know that I've seen one that large in person... On either side of the pond.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Glad everything went well and good for you for finding another doctor for a 2 opinion and other options!
Never be afraid to be choosy about your doctor.

Some years ago, my grandmother told me she always preferred to have a young doctor. The older doctors had more experience, but the younger ones were up to speed on the latest research and current technology. She always was an unconventional grandma. :rolleyes:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hey there CDR-dwellers! I started trying to catch up on this thread, but... it’s proving to be an overwhelming task, especially while using my iphone[emoji854] anyway, just wanted to thank everyone for all your well wishes, thoughts, prayers, I know those were the huge part of what’s carried me through the surgery and the first week post. View attachment 259798 the operation went well, though took much longer than anticipated. I was on the table for 2.5 hrs while my surgeon was tearing, cutting, prying off all the scar tissue to get all that metal out. It was supposed to come out 3 yrs ago, but I was too much of a chicken to do it. The first 2 operations were VERY painful! And that is why I asked another ortho surgeon to remove it this time, that other one had a very simple formula for post-op pain management, this same for all patients. My current guy customizes treatment to the patients medical history/individual needs. Back then I had been in a wheelchair for 6 months, in lot of pain every single day for first few wks... didn’t feel like doing anything! And I have 3 young kids! And 2 tortoises!!!! I can’t just sit around feeling sorry for myself! Now I’ve been walking more and more every day, even climbing stairs! Tomorrow will be 2 wksView attachment 259801 so this was the first night post op, scared me a little bit, but that was IT, no more problems after that. Just didn’t manage to do my cards till yesterday, sorry all you Overseas Guys if yours come late. I’ll try to do better next year. It’s good to be back, I’ll try to catch up on “the CDR scoop” little by little. Meanwhile, whishing you ALL a wonderful Devember afternoon[emoji9]
Oh I am so glad it went well. And I wish you a great recovery.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

View attachment 259807

View attachment 259808

I love watching you work. [emoji6] . Even if it is only by pictures.