COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Christmas decorations are now up. Here’s a picture of my Christmas cards. I always put them on the staircase and the door of the under-stair cupboard. This year TFO has exclusive use of the cupboard door :)
View attachment 259834

And here’s the hearthView attachment 259835

And the tree
View attachment 259836

And “the tree” [emoji23]
View attachment 259837

We are fortunate our conservatory is heated and usable year round. I will take a photo one evening with candles lit as it looks very twinkly and pretty after dark:)

Beautiful!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Beautiful decorations! That last one, though... It's beginning to look a lot like Florida... [emoji14] Home of the palm trees wrapped in Christmas lights! :D
The last one is decorated with things the children have made over the years. When they weren't tall enough to reach far on the main tree, they decorated the parlour palm... it was safer! Son is now 6'6" and still insists on decorating it; he did it on Friday before we went to my Mum's :D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
The last one is decorated with things the children have made over the years. When they weren't tall enough to reach far on the main tree, they decorated the parlour palm... it was safer! Son is now 6'6" and still insists on decorating it; he did it on Friday before we went to my Mum's :D
[emoji23] [emoji23] Oh that is so sweet.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning all.

Should be a great day. We are off to Maryland’s Eastern Shore over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to explore Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge.

I’m going to take the kayak along, just in case i get the urge to explore and water is calmer.

Hoping to see lots of bird life.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all.

Should be a great day. We are off to Maryland’s Eastern Shore over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to explore Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge.

I’m going to take the kayak along, just in case i get the urge to explore and water is calmer.

That sounds like a good day out :)

We are back to winter gloom after yesterday's sunshine. It isn't actually raining, but...

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning all.

I am sure if you have your kayak with that you won't be able to resist. Enjoy it.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Christmas decorations are now up. Here’s a picture of my Christmas cards. I always put them on the staircase and the door of the under-stair cupboard. This year TFO has exclusive use of the cupboard door :)
View attachment 259834

And the tree
View attachment 259836

And “the tree” [emoji23]
View attachment 259837

We are fortunate our conservatory is heated and usable year round. I will take a photo one evening with candles lit as it looks very twinkly and pretty after dark:)

Beautiful!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Now that Christmas is around the corner, I propose a Healthy Lifestyle Challenge for all roommates.
Let’s start with some holiday exercises. One, two, three, and repeat:

View attachment 259845
I can recommend this exercise :) [emoji23]

And @Yvonne G's card just arrived and will be added to the TFO collection once JoesDad has had chance to admire it :)

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
My significant other has been in a most unpleasant work environment for the last several months. It's been a hostile work environment, and he needs to get out of it.

Fortunately, he graduated earlier this month with a four-year degree, which should expand his employment options. (He isn't any smarter than he was before he got the degree, but that little piece of paper -- wallpaper, I call it -- makes such a huge difference in what he qualifies for.)

He has an interview today for a position, in the right field, with the right entity, and at the right level. Everybody think good thoughts, and prayers most appreciated. I think I'm far more nervous than he is! :eek:

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
My significant other has been in a most unpleasant work environment for the last several months. It's been a hostile work environment, and he needs to get out of it.

Fortunately, he graduated earlier this month with a four-year degree, which should expand his employment options. (He isn't any smarter than he was before he got the degree, but that little piece of paper -- wallpaper, I call it -- makes such a huge difference in what he qualifies for.)

He has an interview today for a position, in the right field, with the right entity, and at the right level. Everybody think good thoughts, and prayers most appreciated. I think I'm far more nervous than he is! :eek:
And his interview is in less than an hour! :eek:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Thinking good thought and sending good vibes your way.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

I wish him luck with the interview. Having a degree sure opens doors even if you use it for nothing else :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Good morning all.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARO2BEAR!!!!!!!

IMG_0460.JPG

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
View attachment 259834

And the tree
View attachment 259836

And “the tree” [emoji23]
View attachment 259837

Just beautiful!!