COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Good morning! I woke up to temps in the 60’s and within a couple hours it’s dropped in the 40’s. Steady decline into mid 20’s overnight. I went out and put the jackets on my horses and brought my big dogs in. Already turned off the water to the shop and horse stalls in anticipation of the freeze. Just me and my son home this weekend and he’s still sleeping in.. (it’s just now 8am here) lazy day ahead!!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
With the coming ice/snow storm slowly making its way into my area, it seems I will finally have a real test of my backup power for my critters. Electric always goes out here during ice storms. Wish me luck folks!!!

Good luck! We are on the fringes of this storm - predicting a ton of rain, some freezing rain. Could be a big mess once the sub freezing temps blow in. Overnight lows in the 10F degrees.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Good morning! I woke up to temps in the 60’s and within a couple hours it’s dropped in the 40’s. Steady decline into mid 20’s overnight. I went out and put the jackets on my horses and brought my big dogs in. Already turned off the water to the shop and horse stalls in anticipation of the freeze. Just me and my son home this weekend and he’s still sleeping in.. (it’s just now 8am here) lazy day ahead!!!

Yep - it’s heading our way.... good luck! Keep the power on.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Yep - it’s heading our way.... good luck! Keep the power on.

I bet is much worse for y’all up north... it’s just unusual and inconvenient for us. I wouldn’t mind it at all if it was a dry cold with real snow. But we get a wet mess with dangerous ice:-( I keep ice melt granules for my driveway on these occasions and we have a generator. I just hate being stuck indoors!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Sounds like you need some good luck too.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I bet is much worse for y’all up north... it’s just unusual and inconvenient for us. I wouldn’t mind it at all if it was a dry cold with real snow. But we get a wet mess with dangerous ice:-( I keep ice melt granules for my driveway on these occasions and we have a generator. I just hate being stuck indoors!
I couldn't imagine what it would be like. Good luck to all of you and keep warm and powered.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Nice red Indian River grapefruit, a few celery stalks, a cup of spinach, a cup of kale, a handful of almonds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, a scoop of chorella, turmeric and moringa, and some fresh cold water. Three minutes or so of swishing in the NutriBullet and BAM!, my morning drink is done!

Anyone else juice or smoothie their meals?