5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Happy Friday all,

Yesterday being the last day of my leave was horrible. so many things went wrong. So I am ignoring yesterday....it did not happen.

Started work again today, and thank goodness it is Friday. I have 30 minutes to go then I can go home and it is weekend. Good way to get back into working. sort of takes the shock out of having to come back to work after my leave.

Hope everyone is having a good Friday so far.

I miss @JoesMum and @Tidgy's Dad and a few other people. We haven't seen @Lyn W for a while - I wonder if her school kids have kidnapped her? There are a few others missing as well. And I wonder how they are all doing? What was Dan's user name again was it not @Dan42? @Bambam1989 How is the art projects and moving etc going?
@Moozillion How are Elsa and Jacques doing? @Laura1412 How is your torts and your back?
Hi Carol, yes I was kidnapped by the kids; neither the school nor my family would pay the ransom so they released me because I kept nagging the kidnappers about their homework.;)
All OK with me just had a busy couple of weeks in work and even the last 2 weekends have been hectic.
I went to a party in Southsea which is on the south coast of the UK for the first and had a few birthday celebrations with family and friends last weekend, so when I've not been working I've been catching up with my sleep.
I hope everyone in the CDR is well, I caught up last weekend but didn't have time to post, and there have been a heck of a lot of posts since then.
I'll speak to you soon.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hi Carol, yes I was kidnapped by the kids; neither the school nor my family would pay the ransom so they released me because I kept nagging the kidnappers about their homework.;)
All OK with me just had a busy couple of weeks in work and even the last 2 weekends have been hectic.
I went to a party in Southsea which is on the south coast of the UK for the first and had a few birthday celebrations with family and friends last weekend, so when I've not been working I've been catching up with my sleep.
I hope everyone in the CDR is well, I caught up last weekend but didn't have time to post, and there have been a heck of a lot of posts since then.
I'll speak to you soon.

Welcome back!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Kathy, what size are you thinking of for the fish & turtle enclosure? What kind of turtle?

If you're starting with the liner instead of the wall structure, and the liner is 10 ft by 15 ft... If you made the walls 2 ft high, maybe up to 2.5 ft high, you could subtract about 3 feet from each side (x2 sides each way, so about 6 ft in each direction from the size of the liner)... If my math is working today, that would give you a footprint of maybe 4 feet by 9 feet. Less if the sides need to be much higher than 2 feet high, each.

Ok, that’s close to what I came up with. Thank you. I’ll definitely figure it all out.
I have a 13yr Rio Grande RES. He’s tiny at about 6” and two goldfish from the fair 2 yrs ago.
Right now they are in a 150 gallon stock tank. It works great but I want something bigger. It’s more 5x3 so I think they’ll like the upgrade.
I want to make the back wall higher and give him some walking space when he basks. So I’ll incorporate a ledge for him.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Nice red Indian River grapefruit, a few celery stalks, a cup of spinach, a cup of kale, a handful of almonds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, a scoop of chorella, turmeric and moringa, and some fresh cold water. Three minutes or so of swishing in the NutriBullet and BAM!, my morning drink is done!

Anyone else juice or smoothie their meals?
My blender is just used to grind up Lola's dried grass so I can sprinkle it on his food.
Between the bright light, high temps, silver insulation and a blender full of dried grass in my kitchen it's a wonder I haven't been raided by the drugs squads yet!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Ok, that’s close to what I came up with. Thank you. I’ll definitely figure it all out.
I have a 13yr Rio Grande RES. He’s tiny at about 6” and two goldfish from the fair 2 yrs ago.
Right now they are in a 150 gallon stock tank. It works great but I want something bigger. It’s more 5x3 so I think they’ll like the upgrade.
I want to make the back wall higher and give him some walking space when he basks. So I’ll incorporate a ledge for him.
That sounds great! I'm sure he'd enjoy a basking ledge.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Because he is not the reigning Monarch I think. I am speaking under correction, but because he married into the family he only gets the title of Prince. So you would either have a Queen or you would have a King. I don't think that it works the same as it does in fairy tales. Well that is my theory anyway. Linda and or Lyn will be able to explain better.
I don't really know to be honest, the Queen Mother (HR's Mum) was called Queen Elizabeth until the King (HR's dad) died then she was called Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. I'll have to google Prince Philip. Albert didn't have the king title either he was Victoria's consort.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
You could also create a simple pulley system with an empty box on the one side where Sully would go into and another box on the other side with weights in. would probably be cheaper. :D
View attachment 262622
:eek:Blimey I thought that was going to be something rude until I scrolled down!!
I've obviously been working with adolescent boys too long!!:D