COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Here are a few post cards from Disneyland & California Adventure on our first day.
We earned 22,000 steps and our feet are hurting!!!
Tomorrow it’s supposed to pour!!

View attachment 263823
View attachment 263824
View attachment 263825
View attachment 263828
@Momof4. Guess what I just picked up at the post office. Maybe if we had had our conversation from Thursday earlier, it would have arrived earlier.
I am out doing some things and will reveal my box later. Can't wait. 20190202_085650.jpeg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Yes....once the weather gets coldish, i start minimal feeding. Some suet, some seed. Now with arctic temps and snow...i keep the feeders and suet cakes topped up.
Hanging from our apple tree and a feeder pole, I have a peanut feeder, two seed feeders and a peanut cake feeder. I also cut apples in half at this time of the year. I skewer two halves on branches of a bush and two halves go on the floor for the ground feeders.

When the weather is especially bad, I put extra seed and crushed peanuts at ground level. Generally the ground feeders do pretty well from picking up the mess thrown on the floor by the finches, but in snow that's harder for them to find.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
@Momof4. Guess what I just picked up at the post office. Maybe if we had had our conversation from Thursday earlier, it would have arrived earlier.
I am out doing some things and will reveal my box later. Can't wait. View attachment 263839
Yipppee!!!! It is Christmas again!!!!!!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning everyone! Sorry I missed out yesterday. I didn't have such a good day. However, I did have a pretty good night and I feel SO much better this morning. I am getting sick of slobbing on the sofa watching daytime tv, which is a good sign,but am still not really fit enough to do anything without coughing and/or getting breathless so there will be a couple more days of it yet!

The Six Nations rugby championship started last night with France v Wales in driving sleet in Paris. The first half was a disaster with Wales going 16-0 down by half time. And yet a miracle occurred and that score was turned into a 19-24 Wales win at full time!!! I am a very happy bunny! :)

I have Scotland v Italy and Ireland v England to watch today. The Six Nations tournament is the most important for Rugby Union in the Northern hemisphere. And as the World Cup takes place later this year it is an important stepping stone.

The Irish team is very unusual as it is a united Ireland side. Through all the troubles the island has had, the rugby union team has always had players from the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. It is only way the island has ever, and will ever, unite.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good Morning all

Good to see folks in here. I see some good snow has arrived in at least the Lake District! It’s supposed to warm up here to close to 60F by Monday. For some partscof the East....100 degree temperature shifts!

Not sure whats on tap (yet) today.... Enjoy Saturday
We have had snow all over the country. The south west was particularly badly hit yesterday and East Kent (the other side of my county) got hit last night.

Nothing desperately serious apart from those who got stuck on Bodmin Moor in Cornwall, but the Jamaica Inn (think author Daphne du Maurier) put people up. Here we had about half an inch.

The Lake District has had it relatively easy

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I am out doing some things and will reveal my box later. Can't wait. View attachment 263839
Look it is Christmas in South Africa again.

What an awesome Christmas card. 20190202_150128.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Santa Clause came through the postal service. View attachment 263848View attachment 263849
I love the little bag. It is gorgeous....but wait there is something inside. Let me look inside.

Oh dear there is another wrapped package.

And.....California is finally emigrated to Cape Town. The best part is that everytime I have coffee I will think of a certain lovely lady and good friend.[emoji3] 20190202_145736.jpeg20190202_145808.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I love the little bag. It is gorgeous....but wait there is something inside. Let me look inside.

Oh dear there is another wrapped package.

And.....California is finally emigrated to Cape Town. The best part is that everytime I have coffee I will think of a certain lovely lady and good friend.[emoji3] View attachment 263850View attachment 263851
Oh wait....what do I see? Another package.

Unwrapping the present......
Hold your socks, I am getting there.20190202_145833.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
And the bag is empty.

Look and see.View attachment 263854
Nope just kidding there is still one more and it is the best, best one.

Thank you Kathy, I absolutely love my gifts. You are definitely good at picking out gifts.

This little gem I need to figure out how I can hang it on the outside of my enclosure, as that will be the best place for it. 20190202_145941.jpeg