COLD DARK ROOM

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Oh my word. Your gift just keeps on giving. I went back and looked again. And I am not sure how I missed this. But I love it. Thank you very much for a really awesome gift parcel.

I am going to call him Bold because he seems to take after Anne's Bold and is an accomplished escape artist. [emoji6] View attachment 263884

I forgot about the glass nail file!!
I love mine so I thought you might.
Yay!! I’m glad the turtle was there!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Sunday All.
It is slightly overcast here today. It was supposed to rain last night or early morning today, but it does not look like it did. I hope it still does as I am looking forward to some rain.
Today I need to finish the second tier for my torts.

Yesterday I went early morning to fetch the isopods and earthworms from a guy who sells them. Except he had not dropped them off at the reptile park by the garden centre like had promised to do. Which was very annoying considering it was a 30 min drive to get there for me. However the garden centre right next to it had earthworms, so I at least managed to get those and a few plants. I am going to try the following trick which I found on another thread to see if I can get some from my own colony instead.

So hopefully I will end up with a viable well working bioactive tortoise enclosure soon. Screenshot_20190202-233331.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Sunday All.
It is slightly overcast here today. It was supposed to rain last night or early morning today, but it does not look like it did. I hope it still does as I am looking forward to some rain.

Yesterday I went early morning to fetch the isopods and earthworms from a guy who sells them. Except he had not dropped them off at the reptile park by the garden centre like had promised to do. Which was very annoying considering it was a 30 min drive to get there for me. However the garden centre right next to it had earthworms, so I at least managed to get those and a few plants. I am going to try the following trick which I found on another thread to see if I can get some from my own colony instead.

So hopefully I will end up with a viable well working bioactive tortoise enclosure soon. View attachment 263917
Have a good Sunday everyone.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good Sunday All.

So hopefully I will end up with a viable well working bioactive tortoise enclosure soon. View attachment 263917

This will be an interesting experiment. It diesnt sound like you have many naturally in your garden, soooooooooo, wonder if creating a good environment will lure them in. Good luck.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning All. I have been lurking but not too active this week. Y’all might remember that I had to travel to Baton Rouge for work and had intentions on visiting Tricia Stringer and her family. That however did not work out. On Tuesday, the day before I left, I became slightly ill and had to make a trip to the DR... after a nice shot of Rocephin, a positive strep test and a prescription of antibiotics, I canceled the visit to Tricia’s because I didn’t want to infect her children.. I went ahead with my work trip but by the time I arrived in south La, it was very clear that I couldn’t take the antibiotics that the dr prescribed. So I just didn’t. Got through Thursday ok but by yesterday, a new plan was in order. I muddled through my work and headed to back home shortly after lunch. I stopped on the way and got a new prescription that I started last night and am tolerable this morning... believe it or not, this was the short version... lol...
I’m really glad to be home though. I don’t like traveling away from my children or pets. My son snuggled me lots last night. It seems Toretto was somehow traumatized by my absence.... if that’s possible. He had some diarrhea which has not ever happened in the past.. I left his food pre planned and daughter said she followed my routine to the letter... is it possible he really missed me?
Hope you are feeling better. Toretto might have gotten off the routine of you taking care of him/her.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Here’s a 4min video for those who love the Cars movie!! It’s the Radiator Springs ride! It one of our favorites!

It's so neat that your daughter will still do stuff like this with you. Enjoy it while you can, she will soon be "too old and above that station" to be seen with mom at places where "kids" go.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
This will be an interesting experiment. It diesnt sound like you have many naturally in your garden, soooooooooo, wonder if creating a good environment will lure them in. Good luck.
We will see. I actually found one today so put it into my enclosure. And I took the box that my gifts came in, put some zoomed pellets in with leaves and mulch in the box with a wet cloth over. Then closed the box flaps. On the side of the box I cut an entrance and then I put the box in the area where I found the pill bug today. So we will see what happens. Holding thumbs.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
@EllieMay

How are you feeling today?

It’s so sweet of you to think of me! The best I can answer is Frustrated.. it will seem I feel better until I try to do something [emoji37] I’m just not good with patience.... anyway, your trip to Disneyworld looked awesome. I took Jess when she was about 4 and I wish I would have waited until now. I think it would be so much more fun with a teenager. I wouldn’t show my son the radiator springs video because he’d have us packed up on no time! Lol

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
We will see. I actually found one today so put it into my enclosure. And I took the box that my gifts came in, put some zoomed pellets in with leaves and mulch in the box with a wet cloth over. Then closed the box flaps. On the side of the box I cut an entrance and then I put the box in the area where I found the pill bug today. So we will see what happens. Holding thumbs.

Laying a piece of oldish wood right on wettish shaded ground/dirt/soil works well too :)