COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Well, more babies found new homes today. I adopted out four yearling desert tortoises and two two year olds. Now I just have the dozen new hatchlings. I like to keep them until they're a year old, so I'm not planning on adopting anymore for a year or so. Then a friend came to visit and asked if I had any 'sickies' that she could take home and nurse to health so I gave her a ornate box turtle that I've been treating for an eye infection. Slowly but surely, I'm thinning the turkey herd!
Well done Yvonne.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Turbo Tax and I completed my tax forms yesterday. I'm good for another year! Being on a fixed income, with never any change in said income, each tax return is the same year to year. I could just Xerox it and send it in. There's never any changes. But it's done and that headache is averted for another year!
Sjoe. Glad that's over. Tax is never a happy thing to do.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Just popped in to say thanks to Carol @CarolM :)
Your Christmas card arrived today! :eek::mad::D:rolleyes:
Better late than never.
Goodness knows what the postal service have been up to.
My computer's playing up at the moment, so it won't let me upload the photo.
Sorry.
But thanks very much, Carol, much appreciated! :):<3:
Whahaha. Glad it finally arrived. I am also getting mine still. Christmas is never ending this year. [emoji23]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I’ve been spending as much time as possible trying to improve our house to put it on the market. We’ve always wanted land and not just for my tortoises, although my husband accuses me of that. My four year old keeps busy playing pretend all day with whatever she can get her hands on. Today it was my garden statues. They are her babies. It’s better than her baby the day before, a ball of socks.

Any tips to get my house sold quickly?
For a moment I thought the darker ones were real live baby tortoises. [emoji23]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I’ve been spending as much time as possible trying to improve our house to put it on the market. We’ve always wanted land and not just for my tortoises, although my husband accuses me of that. My four year old keeps busy playing pretend all day with whatever she can get her hands on. Today it was my garden statues. They are her babies. It’s better than her baby the day before, a ball of socks.

Any tips to get my house sold quickly?

She’s precious!!!!
I hate that I didn’t get to visit but I’m sure glad I didn’t get close enough her to give her nasty germs!
I don’t have any tips for house selling, but hold out for what your asking. You’ll regret it if you sell too quickly & take less... good luck!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good Wednesday and happy Hump day everyone. The wind is pumping and we are half way through the work week. So all is good. Have fantastic days everyone. And if you are going to be naughty be good at it. [emoji23]

Good morning Carol & Happy Wednesday. What fantastic advice!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Happy Tuesday everyone! All the projects I’m seeing in here has inspired me... I had promised myself that I would have a permanent outdoor enclosure ready for Toretto by spring but I couldn’t make up my mind where it would be or what I would use for fencing, etc.... His growth rate has really pushed me into action (and the sale Lowe’s ran on treated lumber) .. so Yesterday I went and bought supplies. Got a few more things today in between clients.. I didn’t manage much actual work yesterday but unloading that dang trailer was plenty. I also got the poles cut and a whopping 2 holes dug [emoji23]... Anyway... it’s progress. I should end up with around 2500+ square feet. It’s not actually a square area so I don’t know how to get the right measurement.. I’ll post pics when I really get going.

Good luck with the big project, Heather! Toretto will be so grateful...to be able to try to bulldoze the walls [emoji23] Looking forward to the pictures!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
You have friends??

I didn’t realize you retired Yvonne. I guess I don’t branch out of the CDR like I used too.
I feel so privileged that you gave my family a tour a few years ago.

I don't, really. This is a gal I used to work with at the phone company. She had some boards left over from a project and remembered that I'm a wood hoarder, so she called to see if I wanted them. I don't have the time or inclination for 'friends.' I don't even see my own daughter any more often than every couple of months. I like it that way.

‘Friends’ outside of CDR and TFO, of course.
It’s lovely to not see you every day, Yvonne! [emoji4]