COLD DARK ROOM

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
I will try to get pictures posted later today, but I think Bold and Pinstripe are happy little mud turtles in their more natural turtle-friendly habitat.

That is great news!
I can’t wait to see pictures. I’m a big fan of keeping things close to natural as possible, within reason of course

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I do have a favor to ask of everyone, I’m having eye surgery Wednesday.
I have a reoccurring problem with my right and it’s causing double vision, so they are going to fix it.
Can everyone please keep me in your prayers, send good vibes and such please [emoji851][emoji16]

Of course we will Noel!!
You’re going to great and you’ll feel so much better!!
That double vision must drive you crazy!!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I am so impressed. Just one question: how does your turtle climb onto the basking tile?

I still need to add a ramp. I also realized that the platform is slippery, so I’ll add something over the top.
I’ll be adding things as time goes on.

If you can’t see video you can find me on YouTube.
K White69

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Megh....yesterday morning it was clear, bright and Sunny, Overnight the temps dropped, a little wetness moved in, and we have a Wintry wet, sleet, snow mess. The yucky stuff - not nice fluffy powder....but yucky sleet wet mush.

Happy Monday morning
And a gracious good morning to you (said in my best Lily Tomlin as the telephone operator voice)!

Beautiful job! Hey, that turtle was expecting to be fed the moment you approached [emoji23][emoji85]
I noticed that too. Was pretty cute!

Good Monday afternoon all.
The wind is pumping again. So there is lots of sand everywhere. Stephen has gone away but will be back tomorrow night. Liam started back at university today ( I wish I had his holidays - just don't like the studying part [emoji23] )
Other than that not much going on this side.
Have a good Monday all.

P.S.

@JoesMum are you okay? Haven't heard from you in a while.

@Bee62 how are you and the animal family doing?
I hate the wind!

So you have the house to yourself? Eat and sleep!!! Yea!!!

All that talk of ponds got me to peek in. [emoji196]
I’m still miserable — or once again miserable, and daughter is sick (again!) too.
Everyone in my Texas son's family is sick too. I guess it's going around. I hope you feel better soon!!!!!

I do have a favor to ask of everyone, I’m having eye surgery Wednesday.
I have a reoccurring problem with my right and it’s causing double vision, so they are going to fix it.
Can everyone please keep me in your prayers, send good vibes and such please [emoji851][emoji16]
That's scary. I had cataract surgery several years ago and anything to do with the eye is nerve wracking. Hopefully it goes well and you won't have to see two of Tom Selleck anymore!

Quiet time for you!!!! Do you enjoy it or does it bother you? Hubby and SDaughter leave Wednesday morning and my quiet time begins. I enjoy it and by the end of the couple weeks I’m ready for them to come back. I enjoy that time also... for a couple weeks ... then I’m ready for them to go.. LOL ... and so our cycle goes:) I was raised in that environment and thus, taught to be very independent..don’t think I could ever be around someone “full time” .. I can’t imaging what retirement will be like[emoji16]
I value my alone time. I'm not lonely at all. But then, I'm not a people person. When my husband was alive I looked forward to the week-ends when I knew he would be gone fishing for both days, most of the day. Not that I didn't love him, I did, I just like to be alone.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello Carol. My animal family and me is doing fine. My new dog Erna has much to learn and needs a lot of time. Like a child. The tortoises are growing steady and fast. Mo & Ma are as big as my hand. Update on them is coming soon.
Good to see you popping in to say 'hello' Sabine!

Good morning or evening to everyone one. Depending on your time zone.
Got up early and went to the nail salon and had a manicure and pedicure. I like the place I go to because I get 50% off.o_O
I think there's a joke in there somewhere!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well, I haven't been sick, just quite busy.

Successfully negotiated with the bearded dragon this morning to eat all of the superworms and black soldier fly larvae I gave him for breakfast, so he could have waxworms for dessert. I had to hand feed the superworms, but he ate them, so I'm calling it a win.

Much of this weekend was a retrofit / upgrade project for the three-striped mud turtle hatchlings. Thanks to much assistance from my significant other, their 20 gallon long tank no longer looks like a penitentiary for tiny turtles. :D
Well done. Looks like there have been lots of upgrades in the CDR being done.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello Carol. My animal family and me is doing fine. My new dog Erna has much to learn and needs a lot of time. Like a child. The tortoises are growing steady and fast. Mo & Ma are as big as my hand. Update on them is coming soon.
Good. I am glad all is well with you all. Big electronic hug from us. We miss you.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
And a gracious good morning to you (said in my best Lily Tomlin as the telephone operator voice)!

I noticed that too. Was pretty cute!

I hate the wind!

So you have the house to yourself? Eat and sleep!!! Yea!!!

Everyone in my Texas son's family is sick too. I guess it's going around. I hope you feel better soon!!!!!

That's scary. I had cataract surgery several years ago and anything to do with the eye is nerve wracking. Hopefully it goes well and you won't have to see two of Tom Selleck anymore!

I value my alone time. I'm not lonely at all. But then, I'm not a people person. When my husband was alive I looked forward to the week-ends when I knew he would be gone fishing for both days, most of the day. Not that I didn't love him, I did, I just like to be alone.
I am the same about liking being alone.