COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Remember I told you my son had his back fused? Well it's been a year or more and he's still experiencing difficulties with it. Not nearly as bad as before the fusing, but in cold weather the metal is cold and causes discomfort. He can't bend. Sitting for a long time is uncomfortable. So pray neither of you has to go that route.
Get your son to find a good osteopath. It does help.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
My son had scoliosis and wore a back brace day and night all through high school. A couple years ago (now in his late 50s) he started experiencing back pain that was hard to ignore. The doctor told him his back was bending back to the scoliosis shape and he would need to have it fused.
Shame.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I know it is weird!! We’ll plant new ones. We drive back there and when the garage goes in we still need driving room to turn around because our boat will be parked inside.

The pine had to go because it was leaning towards our neighbors solar farm in their yard.
[emoji33] [emoji33]

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Evening all.
Does anyone else using a laptop have this annoying pop up when they log in. It only started this evening. It takes up half the screen!
View attachment 267296
Yep I did. I'm still trying to get my shortcut back. But it's not as annoying as yesterday. I'm on a smart phone and the ads were the only posts I could really see.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
There was an interesting article a few years ago about how scientists had discovered that torts had what they called a 'third eye' but I think it was basically a light sensor in the top of their head, which warns them of overhead danger. I'll have to see if I can find it.
That does sound very interesting.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
The ads not completely gone but at least I know how to get rid of the big one.
Smaller ones keep popping up in your posts though even though I have blocked pop ups on google chrome.

The weekend is here folks hope you all have a great time especially those travelling.
Have we worked out where everyone's going yet?
Lena and family are on a cruise ship heading north I think but is it a sea or river cruise?
Maybe the fjiords?
Linda used the French for 'let's go' so maybe that's a big clue?
As for Mark I've no idea where he is:confused:
Hopefully all will be revealed with postcards soon

I’m right here! Spotted one Florida Gopher Tortoise this morning...but he was heading for the interstate. :-(

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I never mentioned the diabetes. I was on a low dosage pill before the accident. But in the hospital during my accident since I was in a coma. They gave me insulin and now I cant get off the stuff. My diabetes got worse after the accident.
It is the stress which makes it worse.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
That's from working our bums off. I did nurse aide work among other things. My problem is probably muscle or nerves from too much heavy lifting. I feel for all those that have had to endure surgery.
That happened to my sister. She was a ward sister and there was a lot of lifting in the days before rigorous Health and safety rules, but she had to finish working because of her back. She had discs fused but couldn't lift after it. She loved her job too.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good mornooning, roommates!

We’re having climate strikes here, and apparently at Copenhagen University too.

View attachment 267329

I had a lovely coffee morning with the parents from daughter’s school. They’re celebrating, belatedly, the Carnival. Daughter’s environment-friendly costume:

View attachment 267330
What a lovely costume. Why are they striking?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Yes, there is. There's an Athens, Georgia, as well. That one sticks in my mind because of Gone with the Wind, which takes place in Georgia. Scarlett O'Hara said she had been to Rome and Athens, but those weren't the ones a man as well travelled as Rhett Butler was referring too.
Do you know, I've not seen all of that film - just bits of it.