COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I’m back. My physio/osteopath said the magic words “Do you hurt there?” and then poked me somewhere that definitely hurt a lot, but I wasn’t aware that hurt before that point!

It turns out that 3 weeks unable to move off the sofa while coughing my guts up hasn’t done my back any good at all. Just as well I went now before I ended up in agony again. I am booked back in for next week.

The weather has taken a turn for the better, probably temporary, and the sun is out so I shall go and refill the bird feeders while I can do so without downing or being blown off my feet! :D
Oh no re your back. It is amazing how they find those tender spots. [emoji23] Hope it heals quickly.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I wanted to give an update on Sheldon our Great Dane. The surgery went well. It took an hour and a half LONGER than expected. Doctor thinks he got it all. He has some drains left in to be removed next week and stitches removed in two weeks. He is awake and just chilling in the back with the staff. He has crate anxiety so they won’t crate him. We are picking him up today.
You can see the cyst in the picture and I included a pic without the cyst.

View attachment 267278 View attachment 267279
I am so glad it went well. Hopefully the doc did get it all out.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I have gotten invaded by outer space or something. Everytime I try to read or post there's ads on your forum. I don't know what happened. I'm taking my phone to my service and have it looked at tomorrow. See you tomorrow.
Oh good luck. I hope they were able to sort it out for you.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
You could be right there is a Rome in Georgia isn't there?
Yes, there is. There's an Athens, Georgia, as well. That one sticks in my mind because of Gone with the Wind, which takes place in Georgia. Scarlett O'Hara said she had been to Rome and Athens, but those weren't the ones a man as well travelled as Rhett Butler was referring too.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well, we have packed our suitcase and assembled the things we need:
Map book, binoculars, smart clothes, sun cream, rain coat (typical Brits :D ), walking boots, satnav, bat detector, passports, Euros...

All prepared to start our adventure tomorrow morning :)
I hope the start went well. And enjoy.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
The pictures haven’t been so cute this week. An example
View attachment 267281
She has been bait marking badgers. They mix coloured pellets with peanut butter (unsalted) which it seems no mammal can resist. The bait is left outside a badger sett, the bait is eaten and, sooner or later, the badgers poop.

She goes looking for the poop and they can tell where badgers have been by where they find the poop.

And her trying to convince us that is an enjoyable task subject to the weather [emoji23]
Whahaha. That is so very funny.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Join the club :)

I I had two surgeries L3/L4. The scarring is what causes me to move unnaturally and gets me into other problems with my back on a regular basis. There are so many of us with back problems in the CDR :(
That's from working our bums off. I did nurse aide work among other things. My problem is probably muscle or nerves from too much heavy lifting. I feel for all those that have had to endure surgery.