COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
OMG!!
My biggest scare since having these tortoises for 6yrs!
This morning I asked my daughter to open the heated houses and this evening I went out and saw the pen gate was open!!
My heart stopped!!
I looked around thinking maybe he stayed in the shed but nope he was gone!! Our backyard is about 1.5 acres and it’s now getting close to dark! Not to mention the dogs were outside almost all day!!
Yikes! My husband went left I went right towards that container in our yard!
2 minutes later my husband found him at the fence line trying to get thru the chain link!
He is safe now! Phew!!
She was warned to double check that the gate actually locked.
Wow. That was a close call.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well, all the translations from American English to other languages interpret No Swimming to mean "no swimming" in the other languages. That may be fine when someone is up north or out west...but then there's "Florida English." ;)

Tourism is our number one economic driver in Florida, so one of the basic principles in Florida English is "Do not scare the tourists."

The Florida English translation of No Swimming is "Beware of Alligators, Water Moccasins, and anything else we haven't thought of or don't know about yet."
Well...deep subject. Ohio has copperheads, rattlesnakes, and brown recluse vacationing from Florida now. I've actually seen an anole on a plant in Lowe's. I wanted to catch the little one and turn it loose in my animal room. I didn't have a spare box handy to put the poor little animal in safely to carry home...I don't know if pictures would work let alone words. Like hay, there might be a critter living here.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well, all the translations from American English to other languages interpret No Swimming to mean "no swimming" in the other languages. That may be fine when someone is up north or out west...but then there's "Florida English." ;)

Tourism is our number one economic driver in Florida, so one of the basic principles in Florida English is "Do not scare the tourists."

The Florida English translation of No Swimming is "Beware of Alligators, Water Moccasins, and anything else we haven't thought of or don't know about yet."
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Is anybody else still getting gigantic ads all over the thread they are trying to watch? It's actually slowing my phone down and changing what I try to type.
Yes I get one which covers half the screen everytime I visit TFO, and everytime I click on the link I am given and toggle all to off.
It doesn't stop the big spaces in between posts but it seems to stop the ads.
There is a thread about it in the Site Announcements section .
Josh is working with new advertisers and they haven't got it right yet, but he wants people to send screen shots.
Have a read of his posts and see if you can send him a pic of what you are getting

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes I get one which covers half the screen everytime I visit TFO, and everytime I click on the link I am given and toggle all to off.
It doesn't stop the big spaces in between posts but it seems to stop the ads.
There is a thread about it in the Site Announcements section .
Josh is working with new advertisers and they haven't got it right yet, but he wants people to send screen shots.
Have a read of his posts and see if you can send him a pic of what you are getting
Ok. It's awful. But I refuse to give up. Even though I'm an internet dufus.