COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Wow! Another great day of #Kayaking #Florida

Well we got very lucky with the weather today, no real storms or strong winds. We had a good steady breeze, but no rain.

So we did get to the Cape Romano “Dome Homes”, and saw tons of pelicans along our way.

A few quick pix

View attachment 267659
A Local

View attachment 267660
Rest Break

View attachment 267661
The Birds!

View attachment 267662
Paddling Away

View attachment 267663
The Dome Homes

Description
The Cape Romano Dome House is an abandoned modern house located on Caxambas Island, south of Marco Island in Cape Romano in the Ten Thousand Islands of Collier County, Florida. It was constructed in 1980 by retired businessman Bob Lee, abandoned in 1992, sold in 2005 to John Tosto. Wikipedia

The homes - https://www.messynessychic.com/2013...ome-homes-marching-into-the-sea-before-after/
Wow.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I would be pretty scared/worried, paddling around in water shared by alligators and only having a thin-walled kayak separating me from the 'gator!
In my mind, alligators are a lot like black bears... They typically mind their own business and keep their distance from humans. It's when they start associating the humans with the presence of food (often a particularly easy meal, if people feed them) that problems arise.

Generally speaking, it wouldn't be worth the risk (to the alligator) for an alligator of any size to attack an adult human. Especially if said human was armed with such a good weapon as a kayak paddle. ;)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Wow! Another great day of #Kayaking #Florida

Well we got very lucky with the weather today, no real storms or strong winds. We had a good steady breeze, but no rain.

So we did get to the Cape Romano “Dome Homes”, and saw tons of pelicans along our way.

A few quick pix

View attachment 267659
A Local

View attachment 267660
Rest Break

View attachment 267661
The Birds!

View attachment 267662
Paddling Away

View attachment 267663
The Dome Homes

Description
The Cape Romano Dome House is an abandoned modern house located on Caxambas Island, south of Marco Island in Cape Romano in the Ten Thousand Islands of Collier County, Florida. It was constructed in 1980 by retired businessman Bob Lee, abandoned in 1992, sold in 2005 to John Tosto. Wikipedia

The homes - https://www.messynessychic.com/2013...ome-homes-marching-into-the-sea-before-after/

Quit teasing us with these clear water beach pics!! Glad your enjoying yourself!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evening all. Busy day today catching up on chores, seeing my physio and nursing JoesDad.

Not sure what bug he has had, raging temperature and wiped out but not much else. He is much better this evening and has decided to work from home tomorrow to see it off properly.

I hope everyone has had a good day... and Carol, I do hope your power problems don’t go on for too long.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evening all. Busy day today catching up on chores, seeing my physio and nursing JoesDad.

Not sure what bug he has had, raging temperature and wiped out but not much else. He is much better this evening and has decided to work from home tomorrow to see it off properly.

I hope everyone has had a good day... and Carol, I do hope your power problems don’t go on for too long.
Hoping he fought off the bug and won.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Hmmm, I hope he feels stronger tomorrow.