Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So would I! Problem is, when it rains here all the washes flood, making roads impassable. If it happens while you're out somewhere, it can be hard to get home!

Last fall, we had a huge downpour here. It was traffic havoc. But at 3:00 AM, in the pelting rain, I am out flat on my belly, in the mud, in my nightgown, trying to get Chug out of his burrow.

I got him out, stood up, and heard a freight train coming..(there are no trains here). We live 75 feet from the edge of a large wash. The sound was a torrent of water coming down the wash! It was deafening!

There was nothing to fear, so an extremely irritated Chug spent the night in the bathtub, and I went back to bed.

In the morning, the pavement of the road had been partially washed away, and a pickup truck had been washed off the road onto it's side. Driver not injured, fortunately.
:eek: Sounds dreadful!
We get some pretty heavy storms these days but thankfully not as bad as that.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
My husband's mother (German) married my husband's father, who was from the Philippines. Her sister also married a filipino. The only thing she cooked from the Philippines was adobo. I wasn't too fond of it.
Really adobo is one of my favorites. My wife uses chicken and pork in it.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
:eek: Sounds dreadful!
We get some pretty heavy storms these days but thankfully not as bad as that.
This was very unusual for us. I've been here 10 years now, and I had never seen rain that heavy. I hope I don't again!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I'd rather do that then have them spraying pesticides at their whim. I'll just collect it right after a rain and store it in plastic jugs. It's just a little extra work. I'll also have water in an actual emergency so it's a win win. I'm retired so what I do is try to remain active. I read today about the real health benefits of aquarium keeping for people. I was already noticing that and I don't even have a betta yet.
Just imagine how much betta it will be when you do. [emoji6] [emoji4]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I hate this for you! I hope at least you get some good use out of all the wood! Here, the carpenter ants and the squirrels are killing many of the trees... I guess it’s all part of a circle but I’m still only seeing one half [emoji848]
The other half is that you are feeding the ants and squirrels. [emoji6]