COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
I am so sorry that you are going through this Ray. Have you started trying the mirror therapy yet, to see if it will work or not?
I asked my wife if we had a mirror the size I needed. She said she has one in the attic. I am not to good climbing attic ladders so I will get my wife up there. :D

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
What craziness, although we don't always post crazy we love crazy and that is why we stay. So if you want to post crazy go ahead. In fact I dare you to post some off the walk crazy. [emoji6]
Were you keeping up with my story about the horse with no name :)?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Kyrgyzstan. Off the top of my head: One of five post-Soviet countries in Central Asia. Population about 6 million. Capital: Bishkek. Tallest mountain: 7,000+ meters.

Bishkek itself is situated high above the sea level, at the altitude of 800 meters or so. You can see snow-capped mountains from anywhere in the city and at almost any time of the year.

View attachment 270622

Bishkek is insanely green. Which wasn’t a hit with my hay fever! Here’s a view of the back of the building where my mom lives — a very typical apartment block.

View attachment 270623

A monument to horses in one of the most central locations, between two shopping centers.

View attachment 270624

The tulip season is almost over but we managed yo find a few spots.

View attachment 270625
View attachment 270626
View attachment 270627

A lot of the architecture still harks back to the Soviet past.

View attachment 270628
View attachment 270629
View attachment 270630
View attachment 270631
View attachment 270632
View attachment 270633
View attachment 270635
View attachment 270637

A highlight for daughter — the transportable nomadic home, the “yurta”:

View attachment 270634

We had a lovely time!

View attachment 270636

Best photos are your daughter & the subjects she picks!!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
You guys know the 40’ sea container that’s in my backyard? Well, apparently on Saturday a few guys are coming to cut it in half and haul it away! Then they’re going to weld it back together for their use.
I’m kinda nervous but excited!
Then,the work begins to grade and build a new enclosure for all 5 tortoises!
I’ll definitely be taking pics!
Thank goodness you can drive on our property.

Oh fun!!! Can’t wait to see!!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
My son and husband were already complaining about why do I need to have a box for them outside. I cannot imagine what they will say if I asked to get an electrician in. I was thinking that maybe I could do what you did. But I will have to get hubby to drill the hole and then just run the cord through that and plug it in inside the house.

Thats how I had Sullys house the first year...luckily we had a doggie door that easily accommodated an extension cord.

Last year, the cord came out of the basement and cellar doors.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yep I think they do, I bet if I went back it would seem quite small now as I am older and taller. Brings back a lot of nostalgia, ahhhh the smell of doughnuts and hot dogs:)
I have a younger brother that loves Legos. The problem is he's approximately 50 or so...

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Kyrgyzstan. Off the top of my head: One of five post-Soviet countries in Central Asia. Population about 6 million. Capital: Bishkek. Tallest mountain: 7,000+ meters.

Bishkek itself is situated high above the sea level, at the altitude of 800 meters or so. You can see snow-capped mountains from anywhere in the city and at almost any time of the year.

View attachment 270622

Bishkek is insanely green. Which wasn’t a hit with my hay fever! Here’s a view of the back of the building where my mom lives — a very typical apartment block.

View attachment 270623

A monument to horses in one of the most central locations, between two shopping centers.

View attachment 270624

The tulip season is almost over but we managed yo find a few spots.

View attachment 270625
View attachment 270626
View attachment 270627

A lot of the architecture still harks back to the Soviet past.

View attachment 270628
View attachment 270629
View attachment 270630
View attachment 270631
View attachment 270632
View attachment 270633
View attachment 270635
View attachment 270637

A highlight for daughter — the transportable nomadic home, the “yurta”:

View attachment 270634

We had a lovely time!

View attachment 270636

Wow! Next time you go, take me with you. Those are impressive statues - like those still found in all 15 former Soviet Republics. Lenin, front and center - wow. I don’t recall all the captions, but the 100 year anniversary of Frunze as well.

The furthest east I traveled in former CCCP was Baku, lived in Tbilisi, but traveled to Moscow and Kiev for months on end. Budspest as well, but thats a different Chapter.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Maybe use a piece of corrugated cardboard? Instead? Just a thought.

Cardboard is very likely to get mold, mildew and provide food for a wide array of ants, worms, etc. My red worms love to eat carboard - full of cellulose, sugars and more. Id skip the cardboard.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Wow! Next time you go, take me with you. Those are impressive statues - like those still found in all 15 former Soviet Republics. Lenin, front and center - wow. I don’t recall all the captions, but the 100 year anniversary of Frunze as well.

The furthest east I traveled in former CCCP was Baku, lived in Tbilisi, but traveled to Moscow and Kiev for months on end. Budspest as well, but thats a different Chapter.

.... and on the 100 year celebration monument of Frunze as the capital city..... some info: Frunze was the city's official name from 1926 to 1991 (then the fall of the USSR) and Frunze became Bishkek.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

You sure have travelled a lot. What did you do for a job?