COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Well then I hope Wifey can climb into attics then.
Oh yeah! She has the attic in great shape. She was on the ladder today as I walked her thru taking the floodlights down. Next week we are having gutters installed. The lights were mounted on the facia. They were in the way. Going to teach her how to mount the lights to the soffits.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Bama is a beautiful male plakat betta. How did you come up with the name? Is there some Alabama in someone's background? ;)
You sure hit the nail on the head! My husband, Pete, is from AL. The name is really for the Crimson Tide of Univ of AL.
Roll tide, roll! [emoji458]

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Still at car wash. I was dying in the sun so I took a walk and got light headed because I’m on a very low calorie diet. I walked back and found a breezy shaded spot.
Why were you at a carwash for so long?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Wow! Next time you go, take me with you. Those are impressive statues - like those still found in all 15 former Soviet Republics. Lenin, front and center - wow. I don’t recall all the captions, but the 100 year anniversary of Frunze as well.

The furthest east I traveled in former CCCP was Baku, lived in Tbilisi, but traveled to Moscow and Kiev for months on end. Budspest as well, but thats a different Chapter.
Mark, what did you do for a living? You sound like you've been most everywhere.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
When I got home, our pool guy found a baby bunny in our pool. I warmed him up and put him in the shade. He is tired and hasn’t hopped off yet.
View attachment 270690
Oh shame. Poor thing. Do you have wild bunnies where you are? .......Wait, obviously that little one is wild what with having pool parties and all...

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Can you build a false bottom that is just super insulsted? and your new house sits on that plstform. The cold earth sucks a lot of heat, do it is good to have a well insulated bottom. Good luck.
Okay I am going to have to figure something out. Maybe I should put the insulation directly underneath the outside box and cut the insulation into thinner strips for between the outer and inner box. That way it will be extra insulated. Possibly also put the box onto stones. Wait, i should put a layer of stones, then insulation then the box. Hmm that should work.