COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Cardboard is very likely to get mold, mildew and provide food for a wide array of ants, worms, etc. My red worms love to eat carboard - full of cellulose, sugars and more. Id skip the cardboard.
Aaahhh. Okay what would you suggest then? As the insulation is too thick for underneath.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Kyrgyzstan. Off the top of my head: One of five post-Soviet countries in Central Asia. Population about 6 million. Capital: Bishkek. Tallest mountain: 7,000+ meters.

Bishkek itself is situated high above the sea level, at the altitude of 800 meters or so. You can see snow-capped mountains from anywhere in the city and at almost any time of the year.

View attachment 270622

Bishkek is insanely green. Which wasn’t a hit with my hay fever! Here’s a view of the back of the building where my mom lives — a very typical apartment block.

View attachment 270623

A monument to horses in one of the most central locations, between two shopping centers.

View attachment 270624

The tulip season is almost over but we managed yo find a few spots.

View attachment 270625
View attachment 270626
View attachment 270627

A lot of the architecture still harks back to the Soviet past.

View attachment 270628
View attachment 270629
View attachment 270630
View attachment 270631
View attachment 270632
View attachment 270633
View attachment 270635
View attachment 270637

A highlight for daughter — the transportable nomadic home, the “yurta”:

View attachment 270634

We had a lovely time!

View attachment 270636

Wonderful photos and your daughter and her heart sunglasses are too cute!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Aaahhh. Okay what would you suggest then? As the insulation is too thick for underneath.

Can you build a false bottom that is just super insulsted? and your new house sits on that plstform. The cold earth sucks a lot of heat, do it is good to have a well insulated bottom. Good luck.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
When I got home, our pool guy found a baby bunny in our pool. I warmed him up and put him in the shade. He is tired and hasn’t hopped off yet.
View attachment 270690
I love rabbits. Little wild ones are so hard to help. Maybe a little protection through the night if he's still there.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Can you build a false bottom that is just super insulsted? and your new house sits on that plstform. The cold earth sucks a lot of heat, do it is good to have a well insulated bottom. Good luck.
Maybe something that you attach under house siding? I remember it but can't remember what you call it.? Something quick and easy yet you are able to change easily when you can.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Still at car wash. I was dying in the sun so I took a walk and got light headed because I’m on a very low calorie diet. I walked back and found a breezy shaded spot.
That's a very thorough car wash!
Hope the car doesn't shrink after such a long cycle!haded spot
Make sure you take of yourself Kathy we don't want you fainting off!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
No age limit on fun .... some of those LEGO kits are only suitable for master degree holders [emoji12]
I have a tub of the big ones for toddlers. You aught to see all the kids building stuff! Their ages range from 3 to 30 or more. Even the bunny gets involved. It's hilarious.