COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
What about some thermal wrap like this - it's bubble wrap sandwiched between foil, You could maybe have a few layers of it.
View attachment 270698
The insulation I have is already a wrap. But maybe I could use tinfoil as well. Sandwich a piece between the tinfoil and put it directly underneath. Some good ideas coming out of here. Keep them coming!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Oh yeah! She has the attic in great shape. She was on the ladder today as I walked her thru taking the floodlights down. Next week we are having gutters installed. The lights were mounted on the facia. They were in the way. Going to teach her how to mount the lights to the soffits.
Hmm better be careful, wifey might not need you anymore soon.[emoji6]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Wow! Next time you go, take me with you. Those are impressive statues - like those still found in all 15 former Soviet Republics. Lenin, front and center - wow. I don’t recall all the captions, but the 100 year anniversary of Frunze as well.

The furthest east I traveled in former CCCP was Baku, lived in Tbilisi, but traveled to Moscow and Kiev for months on end. Budspest as well, but thats a different Chapter.

Deal! Lots of lakes and rivers. Lakes for peaceful kayaking, rivers for crazy adventures. [emoji6] Could I also tempt you with a hike in the Tian Shan mountains? Lyn might join us too if we give her a bit of time to heal.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
.... and on the 100 year celebration monument of Frunze as the capital city..... some info: Frunze was the city's official name from 1926 to 1991 (then the fall of the USSR) and Frunze became Bishkek.

Yep! Named after a Red Army commander born here; his home town was called Pishpek then, and his home is preserved in a city museum.

IMG_1751.jpg

The moment probably celebrated human Frunze.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Aaahhh, all caught up and I was enjoying it so much. Oh well I will just have to wait for todays posts to start appearing.

Thank you for starting us off on today’s adventures in the CDR. I’m going to take the carrots to the Snow Leopard. Has anyone seen her this mornooning? Yesterday she was muttering something about giving up being vegetarian, so I’d better feed her now.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Yep! Named after a Red Army commander born here; his home town was called Pishpek then, and his home is preserved in a city museum.

View attachment 270714

The moment probably celebrated human Frunze.

Should be the “monument” but it’s too late to edit. Thanks a lot for the coffee, Montgomery! I needed it!