COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Since we've talked about charity shops, here's a 3-minute tour of my house. :) Pretty much everything came from charity shops. And we have a lot of open space; had even more of it before the piano. Which will be most difficult thing to get rid of in June...
[emoji33] You don't sound like that in my head when I read your posts. You have an accent just like mine. [emoji6] [emoji23] I love your accent.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I know. We were so disappointed because we worked our butts off. Even on Mother’s Day.
He called this morning and said tomorrow! We shall see, pled it’s supposed to rain but my husband said that won’t slow him down.

On another note. We are closer to our master bath remodel! They are starting in a few weeks.
I’ve waited 9 yrs!!
Yayyyyy

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Evening all. Hope everyone has had/ is having a good Wednesday. It's been another warm and sunny day here.
I had physio again today - all going well but my other leg is slowing down progress because they won't give me any further more challenging exercises to do until I have had the results of the knee x-ray - that won't be for about another 2 - 3 weeks according to my GPs receptionist.:rolleyes:
No luck shopping yesterday, I did see one outfit I liked but my sister also liked it and because she is the mother of the groom I had to give her first pick.
Will try again on Friday maybe - if I can persuade myself to go to the shops twice in one week!
Enjoy the rest of your day!
Yay on the sunny day. You ate a good sister. And I hope that your the x ray happens soon. Very glad otherwise that your physio is going so well.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Thursday Everyone.
I cannot wait to see what Mark will be making out of that maple wood for me. [emoji6]

Cathie G I am intrigued to know what you made with wood before.

Noel how are your eyes doing?

Yvonne ignore them, It went right over my head too. [emoji23]

Kathy I am holding thumbs that operation enclosure goes ahead. Maybe you could call Tom Cruise to help, as he seems to be the go to guy for mission impossible.

Anne keep on sending me pics of my favorite dragon. I love them.

Linda I love the lake district, can I come and stay there? Especially in the forestry area.? How is your leg doing? Is the osteopath helping?

Lyn have you finished cleaning up and throwing out yet? And don't worry I am sure that the right dress will be found, just for you AND you won't have to share it with your sister.

Oli, waiting for my image of the day.

Ben how are your exams/tests going?

Lena you can talk to me anytime you want.[emoji6]

Ed, can I be your mother? You do such a good job looking after her. Anymore eggs hatching in your garden? Maybe a fish or two as well!

Heather, you can talk to me anytime too [emoji6] How long before the eggs hatch btw? When they start piping can we also watch? And have you managed to find your chameleon yet?[emoji6]

And as Lyn likes to say TTFN

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Yay on the sunny day. You ate a good sister. And I hope that your the x ray happens soon. Very glad otherwise that your physio is going so well.
:eek:It's bad enough being accused of marrying her and now I'm accused of cannibalism!!
Wouldn't touch her - she's a tough old boot!!:D
Thanks for the rest though, Carol - just waiting on results now.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good Thursday Everyone.
I cannot wait to see what Mark will be making out of that maple wood for me. [emoji6]

Kathy I am holding thumbs that operation enclosure goes ahead. Maybe you could call Tom Cruise to help, as he seems to be the go to guy for mission impossible.

Linda I love the lake district, can I come and stay there? Especially in the forestry area.? How is your leg doing? Is the osteopath helping?

Lyn have you finished cleaning up and throwing out yet? And don't worry I am sure that the right dress will be found, just for you AND you won't have to share it with your sister.

Ed, can I be your mother? You do such a good job looking after her. Anymore eggs hatching in your garden? Maybe a fish or two as well!

Heather, you can talk to me anytime too [emoji6] How long before the eggs hatch btw? When they start piping can we also watch? And have you managed to find your chameleon yet?[emoji6]

Welllllll.......SOMEONE is feeling ambitious today[emoji16]... it never ceases to amaze me how well you can summarize all of us!! Sending you super hugs this morning!!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
@CarolM
The eggs are expected on Wednesday 29th but I read that you have to add in the days of the power outage if the embryo survives. (Never has that happen before) If that’s true, Friday 31st... either way, I will of course due my best to share:) And yes, Chomper is still blending in but he sends his regards[emoji12]
IMG_2188.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Sounds like shopping is a bit of a challenge. Just walk slower and enjoy. Ok I'm done preaching.
I would hate shopping even with 2 good legs, Cathie! :)
I avoid it at all costs if I can! My friends often invite me on shopping days but it's bad enough shopping for myself without having to wait for them to do theirs too. There's much better things to do with my time - like watching Lola do his own thing.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good Thursday Everyone.

Well done Carol, lots of birds answered with one stone there!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
@CarolM
The eggs are expected on Wednesday 29th but I read that you have to add in the days of the power outage if the embryo survives. (Never has that happen before) If that’s true, Friday 31st... either way, I will of course due my best to share:) And yes, Chomper is still blending in but he sends his regards[emoji12]
View attachment 272282
It's amazing how they can change colour to suit their environment isn't it?
He looks very happy in his new home.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all. Slightly overcast here today but temps OK.
I'm waiting for my sister from Leics to arrive but don't worry Carol I won't make a meal out of her too!;)
Hope everyone has a good Thursday.
I'll see you later
TTFN

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning gang, just dropped in to say we are having a good time at Disney. Fireworks were great last night at Magic Kingdom.
Found out my amputated leg has changed shape and the ridge of the socket is digging in my groin area:(. Going to have to have it cut down a little.
Anyways I get to see Opo tonight :):):)!
Going to Hollywood Studios today and then home.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I would hate shopping even with 2 good legs, Cathie! :)
I avoid it at all costs if I can! My friends often invite me on shopping days but it's bad enough shopping for myself without having to wait for them to do theirs too. There's much better things to do with my time - like watching Lola do his own thing.

I’m with you! I hate shopping too. (Especially clothes) I try to do as much as I can online!!! It wouldn’t bother me at all to never leave my homestead!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning gang, just dropped in to say we are having a good time at Disney. Fireworks were great last night at Magic Kingdom.
Found out my amputated leg has changed shape and the ridge of the socket is digging in my groin area:(. Going to have to have it cut down a little.
Anyways I get to see Opo tonight :):):)!
Going to Hollywood Studios today and then home.

Glad y’all are having fun! And I bet Opo will be happy to see you too. Be safe traveling. And that really sucks about leg. I hope this all gets right for you sinner rather than later Ray!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I know. We were so disappointed because we worked our butts off. Even on Mother’s Day.
He called this morning and said tomorrow! We shall see, pled it’s supposed to rain but my husband said that won’t slow him down.

On another note. We are closer to our master bath remodel! They are starting in a few weeks.
I’ve waited 9 yrs!!

You’re swamped with projects, Kathy!