COLD DARK ROOM

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
Beautiful babies! What a grooming bill you must have
Nope I actually do the majority myself. My DoubleK Dog blower and A2 clippers are almost 15 years old now and I have a splendid collection of brushes and scissors. I also have some good shampoos and conditioners- Not a fan of SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) makes stuff foamier, but is nasty in my opinion. This is my Newfie in my outdoor wash station

IMG_0852.JPG

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Meanwhile,
View attachment 274200

My pink Chiffon rose of Sharon ( hardy hibiscus) is finally in bloom.:) I bought this last year on clearance for $2 . It looked dead but I couldn’t find any others so I bought it !!!
That's really beautiful. Mine is somewhat drawing humming birds after several years. I don't like it as well as the ones I used to have but they were kind of invasive and always growing hundreds of little sprouts. The one I have now has a double flower and was a birthday present . It doesn't grow sprouts. The older variety had humming birds at it constantly. But I'm starting to see activity so we'll see.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Nope I actually do the majority myself. My DoubleK Dog blower and A2 clippers are almost 15 years old now and I have a splendid collection of brushes and scissors. I also have some good shampoos and conditioners- Not a fan of SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) makes stuff foamier, but is nasty in my opinion. This is my Newfie in my outdoor wash station
My brother is a fan of Newfoundlands too. He has a little girl under 6 months.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

I totally respect you! My mom and dad have standard poodles and I’ve had to learn to help groom as they are getting older ( my parents) and I have a Yorke ( who I take to a groomer) [emoji23][emoji23] I have always raised labs and still have a pair of seniors. They don’t require anything but a source of entertainment and a swimming hole:)))

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
That's really beautiful. Mine is somewhat drawing humming birds after several years. I don't like it as well as the ones I used to have but they were kind of invasive and always growing hundreds of little sprouts. The one I have now has a double flower and was a birthday present . It doesn't grow sprouts. The older variety had humming birds at it constantly. But I'm starting to see activity so we'll see.

I wouldn’t mind one that was totally invasive as this is Torettos garden... but I’m sure I couldn’t get that lucky [emoji16]... it is growing nicely though and I’m pretty proud because it was just a dead spot a years ago:) Toretto motivated me:) Can’t wait to see what the little ones bring [emoji12]

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm only trying to see if I can paste. It's not my Arrow video yet. Site wouldn't let me but that's alright with me. The song was stand by me and sung by playing for change. It's kind of like a bridge over troubled water. Here's to you Bee!
I wouldn’t mind one that was totally invasive as this is Torettos garden... but I’m sure I couldn’t get that lucky [emoji16]... it is growing nicely though and I’m pretty proud because it was just a dead spot a years ago:) Toretto motivated me:) Can’t wait to see what the little ones bring [emoji12]
I wish I could find an old variety too. I could have a hedge in no time. And somehow I've managed to join one quote and an experiment in the same post.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Sadly it hasn't changed much today - it has been the worst day for a long time.
We did have a brighter couple of hours this afternoon, but then the sky went black and we had a thunderstorm with heavy rain again.
Thankfully tomorrow looks dry but very windy so the bride had better hang on to her veil and I can see a few hats worn by guests taking off:) (no I'm not wearing one!)
There will be some sunny intervals and a sunny warm evening - by which time most of the guests will have had a few drinks and won't care!
All the wedding planning in the world can't change the weather so ce sera sera!

Have fun at the wedding!! Relax and enjoy yourself!!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Finding a bird feeder that doesn't result in pudgy squirrels is sort of like the quest for the Holy Grail, from what I've heard.

Years ago, I saw a setup sort of like an obstacle course - or a circus act - for squirrels trying to reach the bird seed. Eventually they would successfully figure out the configuration and be able to navigate it reliably...but the setup could be easily reconfigured so the squirrels had to start over again.

If I set up bird feeders, I think I'd like a setup that provides hours of entertainment. Set it up outside the front living room window for the enjoyment of the cats... If the squirrels are going to tease the indoor animals, they should at least provide some entertainment in return! :D
Yes, they can be entertaining. Here in the desert, I had bird feeders…then I had pigeons. Lots of pigeons! Whenever I would step outside, I had 50 or 60 of them at my feet, waiting for the handout. They were getting so brave they considered landing on me. I didn't need to worry about squirrels…we don't have them here. But way too many pigeons, so down came the feeders.

So I put up hummingbird feeders, and they are a delight. They actually attract more varieties of birds than the seed did. We have hummers all year round, little finches, verdin (barely bigger than a hummer), and for a bit in the spring we get hooded orioles and western tanagers. All from the nectar.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I totally respect you! My mom and dad have standard poodles and I’ve had to learn to help groom as they are getting older ( my parents) and I have a Yorke ( who I take to a groomer) [emoji23][emoji23] I have always raised labs and still have a pair of seniors. They don’t require anything but a source of entertainment and a swimming hole:)))
I've never had one, but have always wanted a standard poodle. My aunt and uncle had one for many years.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, they can be entertaining. Here in the desert, I had bird feeders…then I had pigeons. Lots of pigeons! Whenever I would step outside, I had 50 or 60 of them at my feet, waiting for the handout. They were getting so brave they considered landing on me. I didn't need to worry about squirrels…we don't have them here. But way too many pigeons, so down came the feeders.

So I put up hummingbird feeders, and they are a delight. They actually attract more varieties of birds than the seed did. We have hummers all year round, little finches, verdin (barely bigger than a hummer), and for a bit in the spring we get hooded orioles and western tanagers. All from the nectar.
My daughter has hummer feeders outside a couple windows. IT's so neat to see them.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I swear I posted an item yesterday, but I either didnt Post it or it disappeared..! Anyhow, our big Baltimore Floatilla paddle was a success, less participants than previois yesrs for some reason. Thst said $10,000 was raised to support clean water for the zinner Harbor and Chesapeake Bay.

Back in time to watch the end of some FIFA Womens World Cup (Norway vs Nigeria). Games on todsy...Scotland ns Englanf.

// PS - i see that I accidentslly posted this in the Mystery Snsil thread. At least I’m not going crazy //

5F75B71D-3324-41AF-B6AD-809B0D131300.jpeg

Last edited:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
We’re in having a well earned cuppa after doing some pretty major tree pruning. Nothing that could potentially disturb any bird nests :)

The chipper has been hard at work converting it into something compostable. I do like using the chipper - it’s very satisfying :D

This afternoon we have the men’s tennis final at Roland-Garros to watch. Hopefully the match will be completed before the England v Scotland football that Mark mentioned!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I have lots of catching up to do. But let me share our weekend away in Montague Springs first. So Montague Springs is around 2 and a half hours drive outside of Cape Town. The drive was pretty much the same as last weekend as it was the same road.
Again I missed the opportunity to get a photo of the baboons. But I did get a pic of this sign. 20190602_102410.jpeg