COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
I’ve started working my summer job I work at my town’s nature center and beach, I do the stuff higher grade employee’s don’t like to do such as cleaning the bathrooms and picking up the trash on the whole site, cutting the grass, weedeater etc...Well it’s only for 2 more months so it ain’t so bad, also it’s finally the real summer here so my girl is enjoying the sun. What’s up in cali? My wife bought me this thing...not sure what it is in english, good smelling smoking powder sticks holder???!! lolView attachment 275242

Incense sticks some times known as Joss Sticks :)

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
yea and forget breathing. My doctors got miffed because I wouldn't let them give me painkillers. Because of my age, if I had went to the hospital sooner I would have been hospitalized...but then who would take care of my critters? I pacified them by saying I would take a Tylenol and let them put a pain patch on me. That made it hurt worse. And the whole country is up in arms about (in the meantime) peoples addiction to painkillers The whole thing just made me a bit more stubborn. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger....
The pain just reminds me that I AM ALIVE!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evening all. I am sat watching Tennis. We had a break and went to see Toy Story 4 - really enjoyed it, but a bit emotional at the end... or may e it was something in the air? Lots of people seemed to have watering eyes :D

We got back in time to see Feliciano Lopez win his singles final and he has had 40 minutes off court before going back on to play his Doubles final. How on earth he can stand up, I have no idea!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I’ve started working my summer job I work at my town’s nature center and beach, I do the stuff higher grade employee’s don’t like to do such as cleaning the bathrooms and picking up the trash on the whole site, cutting the grass, weedeater etc...Well it’s only for 2 more months so it ain’t so bad, also it’s finally the real summer here so my girl is enjoying the sun. What’s up in cali? My wife bought me this thing...not sure what it is in english, good smelling smoking powder sticks holder???!! lolView attachment 275242
That is so cute. If I saw that in a store I'd have to buy it.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Happy Sunday back to all of you! I am just returned from a camping trip to Cypress lake in Benton, Louisiana. We took the camper and the boat Thursday and came back this morning. It was fun but unpacking is a full days work not to mention getting all my critters back on track:)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Happy Sunday evening all. Long day kayaking today. Left the house at 0700 for a two plus hour drive over to Maryland’s Eastern Shore. We launched at 1000,and circumnavigated and explored Eastern Neck National Wildlife Refuge.

Eagles, ospreys, herons in the air, turtles and manta rays in the water.

2BA4FA11-45AF-4425-B094-DBF03B3B09DD.jpeg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Happy Sunday back to all of you! I am just returned from a camping trip to Cypress lake in Benton, Louisiana. We took the camper and the boat Thursday and came back this morning. It was fun but unpacking is a full days work not to mention getting all my critters back on track:)

That sounds like a good trip. Welcome home :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Happy Sunday evening all. Long day kayaking today. Left the house at 0700 for a two plus hour drive over to Maryland’s Eastern Shore. We launched at 1000,and circumnavigated and explored Eastern Neck National Wildlife Refuge.

Eagles, ospreys, herons in the air, turtles and manta rays in the water.

View attachment 275300

Officially jealous!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning everyone. The washing machine is churning its first load already as I need to get a load of stuff done today due to governor meetings taking over my time tomorrow and Wednesday.

The Chair of of one of school boards has smashed his leg falling off a bike while racing which means his workload needs covering for a while. He is one of these superfit guys who doesn’t think twice about cycling a hundred miles... being confined to barracks due to the operation he needed is driving him nuts. I feel sorry for his wife; you just know he isn’t going to be a good patient!

Happy Monday everyone and have a good week :)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good mornooning everyone. The washing machine is churning its first load already as I need to get a load of stuff done today due to governor meetings taking over my time tomorrow and Wednesday.

The Chair of of one of school boards has smashed his leg falling off a bike while racing which means his workload needs covering for a while. He is one of these superfit guys who doesn’t think twice about cycling a hundred miles... being confined to barracks due to the operation he needed is driving him nuts. I feel sorry for his wife; you just know he isn’t going to be a good patient!

Happy Monday everyone and have a good week :)

Good morning! The washing machines must be on overload around the globe..

And the poor guy!!! I’m like you, the wife needs lots of prayers too .

Good luck with your meetings tomorrow& Wednesday... Maybe they will go quicker than anticipated!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
That sounds like good fun!
Glad you had a good time.