COLD DARK ROOM

Ben02

Location (City and/or State)
Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Hmm.... sounds interesting.:D
They can be relaxing to watch sometimes, they go foraging for food around 7pm and war commences early morning as they are nocturnal. It’s mostly to do with mating season, the Larger dominant male chooses a female. Non of the eggs survive because of the filter though. You should all ways have one male in each enclosure for that reason, but it doesn’t always stop the fighting.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Beautiful [emoji1665]
I love the blue ones :)
I almost bought a little white dumbo ear that was too cute for words but my tank wouldn't have made him feel safe. Your tank is just right for your little guy and really has a natural beauty. I had ruled out a half moon tail because I was afraid I would do something to hurt his tail. He chose me.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evening friends.
Today I was in the mood to prepare a new song. Hopefully my friends in the UK know the origin singer and song. It was Jim Diamond. Unfortunately he died in 2015. I love this very much. He sang it in 1984. It was my disco time though this song is not a disco song, rather a sad ballad, but listen to me and listen to Jim Diamond.

Ooh. I shall tune in tomorrow morning :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Im seeing little hints of German in some of those words, “Gelukkige” looks a bit like the German word “Glucklich”, both mean the same word. And “Dankie” sounds like “Danke”. Maybe I’m just going mad:eek:

That’s because Afrikaans is related to Dutch and Dutch is basically badly spelled German :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evening all. JoesDad and I have been on another “Hidden London” tour this evening. This time of Highgate Station in north London.

This station was built in 1876, and should have become a very important station. However, World War II got in the way and, while the underground station lives, now the overground station has been overtaken by nature and it is home to many creatures, including 2 rare bat species.
IMG_0490.jpg
IMG_0494.jpg

This is actually part of the platform... now much overgrown!
IMG_0509.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Saphire is getting a downpour as I type and it's probably heading Mark's way...so far only thunder and wind.

Yep....we’ve been pounded with thunderstorms. Luckily, i got the lawn cut first thing this morning and then a trip for some Sully food - dandelion, cactus pads and a few cactus “tuna”.

Last edited:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
How does a little tortoise that has been in a thunderstorm and a deluge of rain still manage to get out of a rain soak?!!!! I was thinking I'd go out and save him and give him a fluff and buff and he was dry as a bone the little brat!

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
How does a little tortoise that has been in a thunderstorm and a deluge of rain still manage to get out of a rain soak?!!!! I was thinking I'd go out and save him and give him a fluff and buff and he was dry as a bone the little brat!
Mine know when it’s going to rain before it happens, they will go and hide in their terracotta pots.

Bee62

Germany
Good evening all. JoesDad and I have been on another “Hidden London” tour this evening. This time of Highgate Station in north London.

This station was built in 1876, and should have become a very important station. However, World War II got in the way and, while the underground station lives, now the overground station has been overtaken by nature and it is home to many creatures, including 2 rare bat species.
View attachment 276335
View attachment 276336

This is actually part of the platform... now much overgrown!
View attachment 276337
Nature will take everything back, it`s only a matter of time. "Hidden London" is interesting. I like those "old" places. They are sometimes a little bit mystic !:)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Mine know when it’s going to rain before it happens, they will go and hide in their terracotta pots.
Sometimes he'll stay out of his hut and get a rain bath but not today. It was a pretty ruff storm. Lots of thunder, wind and heavy rain. I'll have to figure out a way to let rain run down underneath his hut in the future. He lives indoors most of the time so it's not going to kill him to get rained on now and then.