COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Good evening all. JoesDad and I have been on another “Hidden London” tour this evening. This time of Highgate Station in north London.

This station was built in 1876, and should have become a very important station. However, World War II got in the way and, while the underground station lives, now the overground station has been overtaken by nature and it is home to many creatures, including 2 rare bat species.
View attachment 276335
View attachment 276336

This is actually part of the platform... now much overgrown!
View attachment 276337
It would really be nice if the building could be restored without disturbing the bats and other critters. It's a really beautiful old building.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well, it's time for me to go off to the post office and get my mail. I'm expecting a brochure telling me what to do to prepare for my colonoscopy next Tuesday. GAG! I hate the taste of that awful stuff you have to drink. Then I'm going shopping. See (or not) all you later in the day.
One time I was at the doctor's office and he gave me the rubber glove treatment. I said to the doctor....... What a large ring you have.
He replied that's not my ring. It's my wristwatch.:eek:

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good evening all. JoesDad and I have been on another “Hidden London” tour this evening. This time of Highgate Station in north London.

This station was built in 1876, and should have become a very important station. However, World War II got in the way and, while the underground station lives, now the overground station has been overtaken by nature and it is home to many creatures, including 2 rare bat species.
View attachment 276335
View attachment 276336

This is actually part of the platform... now much overgrown!
View attachment 276337

Ooooooh I love these type pictures... how fun!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
One time I was at the doctor's office and he gave me the rubber glove treatment. I said to the doctor....... What a large ring you have.
He replied that's not my ring. It's my wristwatch.:eek:

I just had to copy this and send to my dad! You sound just like him!!!! Lol... I finally get to give him some of his own medicine [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Joe loved thunderstorms. He would be out in the middle of the lawn. Not so keen on ordinary rain; he would hide for that.

Sounds just like our Sully. At the height of the storms, Sully will be out having lunch, or dinner or a snack. I’m thinking a good rain is just vertical hydration.